Start of a 31 day personal challenge

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent all weekend thinking about challenging myself for the month of October and producing one quality and creative photo per day. Something to get me out of the rut that I feel I have been in lately.

So I got out this evening and got to work on it. Here is my first days photo.

$Skateboard fun-3.jpg

c&c is welcomed.

Last edited:
I'm excited about your project, Capt Ron. Good first day!!

This is an excellent idea. I did a similar challenge as a painter, challenging myself to complete at least one new painting every day for a full year, and in that time my skills improved tremendously. I really learned to see the world as an artist. Not all of the pieces I ended up making were portfolio quality, in fact most of them weren't, but all of them were a learning experience in some way and all of them sold and helped put food on the table. A good number of them are still directly generating revenue for me through licensing, and this challenge took place six years ago now. There will be a lot of days when you won't want to do it. There will be other days when it seems that everything you try doesn't work. It will help if you remind yourself that the reason for this goal is to gain experience more than to gain a month's worth of product.

Very nice shot ron. I would also encourage shooting on a ladder. It is kinda fun too.

Congratulations of the 31-day October photo challenge you've set for yourself, Ron!!! Here's an epic high-five for you!!!

$Derrel and Ron Lane_epic high five.jpg

Congratulations of the 31-day October photo challenge you've set for yourself, Ron!!! Here's an epic high-five for you!!!

View attachment 56924

Who took this picture of us? I don't remember signing that model release. Or was that after the moonshine induced memory loss?

Thanks Derrel

Hah-hahhh! My mad Photoshop compositing skillz fooled you, didn't they Ron! You thought this was a real photo...but it's actually TWO separate photographs, composited into ONE; in the first photo, I was signaling a Cancun-area beach waiter to come over to take my drink order while I was standing on one foot during a Mexican stand-off; in the second photograph, you were laying flat on your back after having downed 31 Moon Pies at the family BBQ!!! I imported both to PS, selected a stock background (one that I illegally stole off of some dude's Flickr site), then spent about 25 minutes compositing the two images and cleaning up the edges, cloning out the Moon Pie stains all over your shirt and pants, etc.etc.

Ahhhh, the magic of Photoshop!

Hah-hahhh! My mad Photoshop compositing skillz fooled you, didn't they Ron! You thought this was a real photo...but it's actually TWO separate photographs, composited into ONE; in the first photo, I was signaling a Cancun-area beach waiter to come over to take my drink order while I was standing on one foot during a Mexican stand-off; in the second photograph, you were laying flat on your back after having downed 31 Moon Pies at the family BBQ!!! I imported both to PS, selected a stock background (one that I illegally stole off of some dude's Flickr site), then spent about 25 minutes compositing the two images and cleaning up the edges, cloning out the Moon Pie stains all over your shirt and pants, etc.etc.

Ahhhh, the magic of Photoshop!

Wow, that is so awesome. I've got to learn more about this magic you call Photoshop.

Cool shot. I miss skating. My joints and bones don't though lol

Going to have to work for today's shot for sure. All morning it has been overcast and a little grey. I was thinking that I could find something on my way home from work. But as of right now, the sun is out and only a few white puffy clouds are out (read harsh lighting). Guess I'll REALLY have to get creative.

Most reactions

Back