Started Blogging Shameless Promotion

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok time for a shameless promotion!
Just started blogging, I'm using Facebook because I know I'll use it, I have a hard time starting somewhere new and I already had a little photography page there with a lot of my stuff posted so it seemed like a good place to give it a go.

I posted the first post a few minutes ago! Don't miss a thing and check it out now !

https://www.facebook.com/JudiSmelkoPhotography

If you weren't so good looking, I would report this as SPAM! ;) lol!

Lol honestly Charlie I felt a little spammy posting this, I need a shower lol! ;)

Look what you are missing, Angus napping with his squeaky toy awwwwww.... (don't tell him it's not napping please!)

Well it used to squeak....

Spammer! :greenpbl: :er: :hug::

Aw Charlie, I used a kitty cat, that HAS to count for something! ;)

Aw Charlie, I used a kitty cat, that HAS to count for something! ;)

There is a joke involving another name for cats and increased blog traffic... but I will take the high road.

I can't read it. :( I shut down my Facebook.

Runnah, I did a quick search and got nothing..... of relevance lol!
Aw boo shefjr :(

Shefjr, you made me go hmmm... and I figured I would post my first blog post here so people don't have to click.

Catching Up

I thought about starting a blog a year ago when I got my camera. We had just moved into our new house and things were changing fast, I had so much to write about and I should have done it then but we all know what they say about hindsight. Better late than never I suppose!

Lets take a quick little trip back in this post and catch up to today. I won't bore you with the details but I have been looking for a creative outlet for, well, forever. I have drawn, painted, made jewelry, tried to write, graphic design, and have always taken photographs but never seriously. I will say I have some artistic ability but I have never been able to express myself like I can with my camera (since I invested the past year learning how to do it).

I always wanted a camera, a good camera, and when I got mine last fall I cried like a girl and I didn't see it coming! Just walked out of Henry's and broke down. If I knew then what I know now I would have been crying because there was so much I didn't know. As they say, ignorance is bliss and boy was I blissfull!

So there I was, tears dried, camera and manual in hand excited as heck about learning how to use it and of course I use the internet to start learning. I found a great forum thephotoforum.com and started posting pictures for C&C (comments and critique). Reality swooped in and I realized how much more there is to photography than just pointing and clicking. People talked about exposure, Fstops, ISO, shutter speed, white balance, composition, focus, depth of field... photography jargon flew! Good gawd what have I gotten myself into?!? I did a lot of thanking and a lot of nodding and smiling while I hit google and tried to make heads or tails of it all. Slowly I did.

I quickly realized that photography, good photography, photographs that make you STOP AND LOOK for more than a millisecond is two parts, creativity and technical ability with your tools (camera, lens, light, filters, post production programs). It ALL matters!

So in a nutshell after a year I have a pretty good grasp of the fundamentals of photography. To me it all comes down to finding the right balance of all of the elements both technical and artistic. I freely admit that at this point I'm out of balance on the technical side of things and need to dedicate time to learning post production work. I find it way too easy to get lost behind the camera, get a good image, cheap out on the post processing and moving on to the next moment behind the camera to get the next good image to cheap out on the post so I can get behind the camera again...

So, right now my mantra moving ahead into my second year behind the camera is balance and my goal is to get my post work up to speed.

There you are, we are caught up to today in a very abbreviated fashion and with that I will call it a day.
The blog has officially begun and I have no clue where it is headed, kudos to you if you are still here reading, thanks and I hope you stick around!

Aw boo shefjr :(

I had to shut down my Facebook account because I was sick of reading and getting myself into arguments with people and their opinions on stuff like politics, guns, religion, etc... There is so much misinformation out there I just couldn't take it anymore. I used to enjoy Facebook before it became all of the above stuff. I shutter to think about the current misinformation about guns that is surely all over the place currently on FB and so much is opinionated misinformation. I digress. I was actually considering activating some sort of Shefjr Photography on FB just so I could read but, thankfully you have posted your first blog on here. Thanks! I enjoyed reading about your first year in the journey of photography. If I have to I'll create that account just to read your next post. :wink:

Cheers,
John

I'll read it regularly, Okay I'll try my best at least!

Though I found it early, I had already liked your facebook page so it was in my News Feed!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back