Starting a website

KatieGoLucky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope this is allowed on this form, if not please delete.

I am greatly interested in having my own website ;o Although I just have no idea where to start! Where do I begin, where do I start looking, who do I ask? Any helpers, tips, anything of that sort would be fantastic! Thank you kindly

You could either:

01 - Find a single freelance professional to do everything for you (Google freelance professional web designer and you'll come across a lot). They normally charge a medium to high price.

02 - Find a professional company to do everything for you (Google professional website design company and you'll come across a lot). They normally charge a high price.

03 - Use free website builders such as: Weebly - Create a free website and a free blog or Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting. These also come with free hosting and a free domain name but not customized. If you want to look professional, this is probably not the right choice.

04 - Use free blogging services which are good for general websites since multiple pages are allowed. I recommend either using WordPress.com » Get a Free Blog Here, LiveJournal.com - Start a Free Blog / Journal Today or https://www.blogger.com/start. Even though these are free, they are so recognized throughout the world for their ease of use and professional look and feel.

05 - Contact me in a private message and I can design everything for you for a competitive price ;)

FYI, I (representing another company I'm affiliated with) do website design. We focus on fairly basic and economical packages to get people up and moving relatively quickly. We did my site as an example (Impression Engineering - Professional Photography by Chris Russo - Home).

We can also do some more complex stuff as needed, but generally we're focusing on quick/clean/professional/economical.

Most reactions

Back