Starting out with a Yellow Lily

Mike Jordan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sitnprettyphoto.com
I thought I'd start my first photo post with the flower that is so abundent right now, a Lily. This one is the Yellow Lily and I have an original shot and one that I did a little enhancing of in Photoshop.

Here is the original photo. Taken with two lights, a softbox to the right and one to the left and a smaller monolight with a snoot next to the camera to fill in the flower a bit. Taken with my Canon 10D, 24-70 2.8L at iso 100 about f18.

lilyyel6514.jpg

Here is a shot taken at the same time (not the exact same as the one above) that I did a bit of softening and smuging of in Photoshop. Same camera and lighting as above.

lilyyel6533.jpg

And here is one version that is also toned a bit.

lily6500fixed.JPG

The object of my doing this was to see if I could get a more artistic version of the Lily that would look more like a watercolor. I didn't quit achieve that, but did get a couple of nice effects that printed very well on watercolor paper.

It gives me something to do on those long raining days here in the Pacific Northwest. :D

Mike

Very cool.....love the second one. Welcome to the forum.!!

the second is good, no kidding...but i love the thrid one too....its great...

oh, and hi! welcome...good to see ya...how ya been??? (oops, over kill, huh??)

Thanks for the welcome and for looking. I've done a whole series on Lilys and really enjoy shooting this flower. I was suprised at how many different Lilys there are. I'll post a few more of those that I did without some of the manipulations, although I did play with the lighting.

Thanks again.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back