Starting out.

T1i-jeff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just enjoying my new Canon T1i. (18-55 lens)

A cast sign on the side of my garage. I enjoy playing with the depth of field with my photos as much as I can.

rt-66.jpg

Taking some snaps in my backyard and using the HDR technique.

IMG_0042-1.jpg

IMG_0163-hdr2.jpg

And a pic of a Kodak 620 my wife picked up for me at a yard sale for $1 LOL (HDR)

IMG_04182.jpg

:thumbdown: :thumbup:

BTW I too purchased a T1i just recently with the kit lense and today purchased the 50mm 1.8 lens. Both should arrive next week. So looking at your pics I'm very very excited!

BTW, mind sharing settings on these pics?

#1 is my desktop background ;)

1st pic info.
f/6.3
1/80sec
ISO 800
45mm
Then made into a gray scale image.

2nd pic info.
f/6.3
1/60sec
ISO 1600
33mm
shot in -2,0,+2
Created as an HDR photo

3rd pic info.
f/5
1/50sec
ISO 500
44mm
shot in -2,0,+2
Created as an HDR photo

4th pic info I cannot seem to find the info on it. I transferred it to my external HD and when I go to properties and details, it lists none...Hmm.:meh:

oh wow thanks! hey if you haven't yet, check out the 50mm f1.8 lens online. It is $99 but a must have for almost anyone. It will give you some very good DOF. Do a little research and you shall find out.

As for your HDR, BEAUTIFUL job! Which program did you use? I am using Photoshop and will probably get Photomatix soon. Not bad for $100 but I'll do a little more research to see if its worth it over photoshop

I had an old Duaflex II, with that same neck star when I was a kid!!!! Nowadays, people are using those cameras to make fun,funky photos by building a camera-holder thing out of cardboard or plastic or whatever, and taking digital photographs of the viewfinder screen in those old TLR's. Shutterbug Magazine's web site has an article on how to do it.

Thanks for the info on the 50mm lens, sounds great! (checked some review on it)

I used Photomatrix for the HDRs. I have Photoshop at work, but sadly not on my home computer, just an old version of Paint Shop Pro 6 LOL

Derrel, we have been collecting some old antiquey looking things for our living room and my wife thought that camera would go well with our 1920 oven, 1930's tombstone radio. The lens needs cleaned but everything else works on it, I would like to get some new/old film and test it out! I'll look into what you were talking about, sounds interesting.

Edit, just looked up the TLR trick, very neat! Right up my alley!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back