Starting over

Lamora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all you shutterbugs! I have been out of commission for a while now, due to a few unexpected things, but I have decided to make a new start and get things going again with me and my camera. Today I got to know him (yes, he let me look, I named him Butch.. lol) a bit better than before. I need to get to know him a lot better than I ever did. I also have made up my mind that whether or not I sell any photos, (and yes, I plan on trying), I am going to have fun with it. I mostly take pictures in a big rig going about 60mph down the road. (husband is a trucker) and it is on the "sport" setting. I sometimes can get a good one here and there, but most are not good. But I think it will be a while till I go with him again. So starting tomorrow I am going to go on my own photo shoot. Not sure where or what yet, but I need/want to do this. I will post some pictures for C&C, but please, be nice.. Here's to starting over~~ again.. :wav:

Stick to practising even if the enthusiasm drops off a bit. Having an hour or two shooting this and that is a great idea. It's a good chance too to be more creative with the camera's controls.

Good luck!
:)

Have fun getting back into it. I wouldn't worry or be concerned about trying to sell anything at this point, but more on just enjoying yourself.

Hello! Can't wait to see some pictures! :smile:

America, seen from the cab of a Peterbilt, could be the basis for a decent coffee table book. I can feel the engine's rumble.

Go for it!

Hey, if you're taking photos from a moving truck try shooting in shutter priority so that you can choose a really fast shutter speed like 1/1000th of a second. The camera will do the rest for you. That way motion will be frozen all the time and you'll never get a blurry photo!!

Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Welcome to our madness. Take some pictures in truck stops - they can be interesting places.

Thanks for the encouragement. :) Torus, been thinking of that one myself, The Life of a Trucker's Wife. The stories I could tell! Pictures are not so great tho, nothing really to take pictures of but the road, BUT!! I have found out I love taking pictures of other trucks out there for some reason.

Normally I take them on "sport" setting, but thanks for the tip, will have to try it next time I go with him.

Truck stops... hummm. thought about that too, I get the feeling tho that I am intruding on people, Most truckers at that point just want to relax, eat and sleep, maybe it is time for me to step out of my comfort zone with that, there are a lot of possibilities with that. I need to build my confidence back up some in a lot of areas.

thanks again for the welcome back.. ;)

The trick to taking pictures in a place where people might be shy is to shoot around everywhere but where they are - and take your time doing it.
Shoot everyone else's truck, etc.
Ask some people to take their picture.
By the time you are there for a while, the reticent guys will be aching to get their picture taking.

(If I were you, I'd get a t-shirt that read something like 'documenting the life of the knights of the road' on the back and some business cards that say the same to give out. One month and you'll be an icon.)

Some real good ideas Traveler, I was out for a "day" run with my husband the other day, raining most of it. I did get a few shots, but nothing really to brag about. I was hoping to get some of my husband strapping the load down and what not, but I didn't. I am thinking about the business cards tho. Thanks for the thoughts.. :)

Most reactions

Back