Starting Photographer!!!!

i don't mean to be rude but how does someone go about getting a job in photography while having no apparent knowledge on the equipment being used?

Thats not rude Nolanator . .thats just truth. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Ok.... First, terminology can be confusing for anyone. but lets asume that this is what you say.
Fist, the XTi is fine to start with, and ide put the money into glass, not body, unless your going super serious.
Second, because of my own personal experiance, I would put more mony away and dig for either a 5d, 1Ds mk 1 or 2, or a 5D mk2. (LATER ON!!)
In the meean time invest in books, and knowledge. Dont hesitate to ask us. Well explaine it as you go along.
then, more importantly, if your in this time frame, you will definatly need a huge amount of practice. then go practice, and practice after that. Then you can start practicing, and then finally practice. Your year time frame is very short, you will need to eat sleep and live photography to get to a simi pro level in that short period of time. but if you are commited young padowan.. you will eventuall become Jedi.

Ok.... First, terminology can be confusing for anyone. but lets asume that this is what you say.
Fist, the XTi is fine to start with, and ide put the money into glass, not body, unless your going super serious.
Second, because of my own personal experiance, I would put more mony away and dig for either a 5d, 1Ds mk 1 or 2, or a 5D mk2. (LATER ON!!)
In the meean time invest in books, and knowledge. Dont hesitate to ask us. Well explaine it as you go along.
then, more importantly, if your in this time frame, you will definatly need a huge amount of practice. then go practice, and practice after that. Then you can start practicing, and then finally practice. Your year time frame is very short, you will need to eat sleep and live photography to get to a simi pro level in that short period of time. but if you are commited young padowan.. you will eventuall become Jedi.

lol wut

I think his point is to read alot and take alot of pictures and then review and learn from then and then REPEAT!

Now how is it that I understood that but I am always confused!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHE

Ok Daniel!!!! LOL

Thank You

I am as Confused as all of you. This is what the company has told me. All I know is that this is a full time job that pays good. I was asked to take some photos and I did better than the photographer that is working there now that is how this all came about. Sorry if I dont know all the terms of photography but I am learning as I go and hopefully will a professional within a few years. Thanks Again for all of the replies.

Thank You

I am as Confused as all of you. This is what the company has told me. All I know is that this is a full time job that pays good. I was asked to take some photos and I did better than the photographer that is working there now that is how this all came about. Sorry if I dont know all the terms of photography but I am learning as I go and hopefully will a professional within a few years. Thanks Again for all of the replies.

post some pics

Thank You

Are you crying? I hope our not upset dude. The question of you being a photographer with no experience is not to offended you but possibly help other understand how they might obtain such a job. I myself have been shooting for 10 years and do not shoot that much for money. Granted I would like more but I am moving so I have to wait.... The point is... the general though is to obtain the knowledge before you get the job. You gonna hack some people off when you take a bad picture or they ask how long have you been doing this. You're reply.... eh few months. So many people think they can grab a camera don't say they are a pro..... yeah um..... thats how law suits happen. You can take what we say with a grain of salt or you can heed the advise and learn. My advise....... LEARN and learn a lot!

And um the title professional is not something you can just get..... You have to earn it. People give you that title by the quality of your work.....
Two years of snapshots in a studio mean nothing.... It is all pre-setup most of the time and you go *click* and it is done.

post some pics

/\/\/\/\/\ +1 lets see some pics

Daniel comes out the wood work and chimes in!!!! You need to get more paying gigs on sunny days in Washington!!! That should only be about 10 a year!!!

Daniel comes out the wood work and chimes in!!!! You need to get more paying gigs on sunny days in Washington!!! That should only be about 10 a year!!!

LOL... Lest ye forget that there is a huge misconception about Washington. The Western side of the state is rainy and muggy. Then in the middle you have the cascade mountains. They block all that weather and hold it on that side. I'm going to the East side. Spokane is right next to Idaho. We get very little rain in comparison. A there are lot of sunny days!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back