starting the posting thing on tpf :)

sburatorul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've been a member for some time and been watching lots of other users photos but didn't quite have the guts to post something... well i like the way this one turned out so here it is. hope to get some C&C

L.E. if someone feels they can add to it feel free to do edit it ;) thanks

manuela1.jpg

Last edited:
Actually one of the better photos currently gracing The Beginner's Gallery.

I appreciate the fact that you picked a photo that wasn't horribly exposed, out of focus, or otherwise complete and total "Recycle Bin" material.

Fantastic photo.

Agreed. I like the pose too, there is a sense of mystery going on, perhaps even mischief. Technically speaking now, nice sharp subject, nicely exposed image. Congrats.

its nice to receive critique but when it is positive it is even better. just hope the next one will be at least at this level and that is a challenge considering this is the first photo i show to the public since i got my slr and i shot like 2500 frames.

Yes - good posing
Nice pic and well done...
little hot on her left shoulder
Histogram says you have blown the highlights and clipped the blacks - so don't rest on your laurels just yet... you have room for improvement...
I was tempted to play with the image on PS - but resisted that..
Good one...
Jedo

got it jedo ;) i'm actually very perfectionist and i am never completely satisfied with how my pics turn out. is nice to see people like them but i know i must do better.

I think the photo is fantastic. Nice controlled exposure given the strong directional light from the sun which can make it difficult. Well posed and composed. Subject is exposed correctly. The sky is still visible with nice blue sky and puffy clouds (often the sky is blown completely white).

The only thing I would suggest is a tiny bit of fill flash to bring out the sparkle in the eyes.. but that's just a matter of taste.

I wouldn't worry a single bit about the histogram showing blown highlights and the clipped blacks. Those are only concerns if they cause a distraction to the viewer. The clipped blacks are from the black blouse. The highlights are probably from the clouds in the sky. They are too far apart for the sensor to capture anyway. The important thing is that the important parts of the photo are present; girls face, blue sky, freakles, highlights in the hair... etc.

^^ Agree on the fill flash, but generally also agree it's a nice shot. Usually a good measure of interest is how long I stare at, working out the various elements... to me that means the photo has a bunch of different elements that don't always match up, and that's interesting to me.

Like, for example... what is she looking at? What's with the smile? Is that smug? Is it shy? Mischievous? Cagey? I can't quite get it. Is she youngish? Or older? She has some kind of non-kiddie earrings on, but she certainly doesn't look old? Oh hey, look at that sky! Look at the way the sun plays off of her curls! etc.

Very neat. Thanks for coming out of the closet to share!

thanks for all the comments and this gives me some self confidence. you are right about the fill flash, it would have been nice to see her green eyes but i don't yet own a flash (hopefully ill get a sb-600) and i hate what the on-camera one does...

Beautiful job. Love how her glance is toward the dead space on the left, nice composition.

Agree with the ignore-the-histogram remarks.

Let's see another!

Jon

soon jon soon, don't wanna rush it, let it come naturally ;) i have something prepared but it has to be cooked a while in my head before i show it to the world

nice :) where do i find her? ;)

As others stated, a fill flash could have helped, or a reflector maybe.

Most reactions

Back