Starting young

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Fangman, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Fangman

Fangman No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]
    Lucas aged seven
    [​IMG]
    Wanted to take photos like Grandpa Pops and was up before his parents and breakfast as he knew birds feed early. He has a go with a little compact Fuji digital i had lent him but although he got pictures - not up to what he was hoping so I set up my gear for him kneeling on the bench and he managed to get this!
    [​IMG]
    Then with the sparrow , chaffinch and long tailed tit I got at the same time we were off up to my den and downloaded to the Mac - shown how I process the pictures and printed him an A4 and made a postcard of his Robin to show them at school.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He managed to see blue and great tits, starlings, gold and greenfinches, blackbirds and doves so had a good introduction.
    We had to be quick as they were leaving us later in the morning for home in Yorkshire, leaving an empty feeling house. I started using my father's cameras at about the same age - but in 1948!

2. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    He must be thrilled to BITS with that robin picture, and having it printed off as a postcard etc. [Heck, I'D be thrilled to bits to get a shot like that!] It's wonderful! I'll bet he was very excited to see it on the computer. And I'll bet it will be a lasting memory of time spent with grandpa, that he'll treasure.

3. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That's cool.