State Birds (Post your own State (or Province) bird picture that you took here)

Watchful

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_5194b.jpg

Baby Cactus Wrens (Arizona State Bird) in a Saguaro Cactus (Arizona State Flower).

I like the posts, but please name the bird and the state. It's an educational tool for the kids. :)

Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta), is Oregon's official state bird---and ALSO the state bird of Kansas, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, and Nebraska. From wikipedia at File:Western Meadowlark.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta). Taken on Turri Road from the car with a Canon 500mm f/4L and 40D. Kirk window mount and Wimberley Head.
Date 13 March 2008, 12:47 Source Western Meadowlark (Sturnella neglecta) The State bird for Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon and Wyoming.

Author Kevin Cole from Pacific Coast, USA (en:User:Kevinlcole)
Camera location
17px-WMA_button2b.png
35° 18′ 55.9″ N, 120° 46′ 33.94″ W View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth
This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
You are free:to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work to remix – to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
  • attribution – You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Attachments

• Western_Meadowlark.jpg
    Western_Meadowlark.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 142
Sure thing. You're most welcome. After a whole day with nothing posted and the thread doing so poorly, I figured it needed some help.

I corrected the title to reflect the desired content so maybe we will see some more pictures by members.

When I POSTED to your thread, you know, after, over 24 hours ofnobody having posted to your thread, in order to BUMP your thread up to the top of Page 1...the title was THIS:

Post Your Sate Bird Photo-AS ORIGINALLY TITLED.png
Post your state bird-original.jpg
Watchful said:
I corrected the title to reflect the desired content so maybe we will see some more pictures by members.

How is it, exactly, that you've removed your Post #8 response to me with no sign whatsoever of your post having been edited?

Also, I thought that the title of a post was NOT user-changeable, without moderator intervention. Yesterday, post #8 was this:

Not exactly sure how I screwed that up!

Not exactly sure how I screwed that up!
Lol Canada's not a fricken state. Just kidding, thanks for contributing.

OK, I changed the title to include provinces as well, this thread will soon have the longest title on the board.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back