Statue of St Richard at Chichester Cathedral

A striking image @wobe. My only thought is that it might have been even more effective had you positioned him to be looking into the frame rather than out. (btw you've missed a bit between his nose and his wrist.)

Nice image! I agree with John2, and yes, that little bright bit between the face and wrist is a little distracting. That would be a good revisit, to get different angles.

A striking image @wobe. My only thought is that it might have been even more effective had you positioned him to be looking into the frame rather than out. (btw you've missed a bit between his nose and his wrist.)
Nice image! I agree with John2, and yes, that little bright bit between the face and wrist is a little distracting. That would be a good revisit, to get different angles.
Thanks guys - fixed the gap. it`s getting late and my eyes are tired!

Re the angle I wanted the spire in the background but will go back and shoot again from a different angle with a more face on view - thanks for the feedback, always appreciated 👍

Nice, has a dystopian vibe. Having him looking out of the frame in the context of the frame (buildings at his back) makes sense. The only thing is when you do that you need space on that side. I'd level the statue pedestal, then crop just below the top, crop the far right building and stretch the frame to the left.

I'm not opposed to the light on the head/shoulders. In fact I'd likely expand on it as if it were a spotlight. Creating a eye catching focal point.

Most reactions

Back