Stay in El Nido, Palawan in the Philippines

mogahdsian15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please go easy on me as I am new to photography (You can tell from the number of posts I have). I had hundreds of shots taken from my 5 day stay here but picked out few of my best.

Please feel free to give me opinions or whatever you can do to educate me.

SOOC. Using a kit lens 18-55mm on a Cannon 700D

IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG

Do you also think post processing these images a little will make it a little better?
Which one do you like most?

Hope you enjoy these.

Thank you,
Armen

I consider myself more of a portrait photographer, so take this for what it's worth. I would try to bump up the color saturation a little, but no too much. You don't want it to look fake. I might try to up the contrast a little also, but you don't want all of your shadow areas going way too dark either. I thin I prefer the first one. It makes me curious about what the young man is looking at. I might also consider trying to clone out the rope in the upper left of the frame, but that's just me. Your horizon is straight, and you have 2/3 sky to 1/3 water which is the balance you want to get close to instead of half and half. Overall, I think you did very well. Congrats!

The first one here is the strongest image of the group. The other two aren't worth much.

Check it for straightness (level the water line) and bring up the shadows a bit, recrop to the new level, print it and hang it.

I consider myself more of a portrait photographer, so take this for what it's worth. I would try to bump up the color saturation a little, but no too much. You don't want it to look fake. I might try to up the contrast a little also, but you don't want all of your shadow areas going way too dark either. I thin I prefer the first one. It makes me curious about what the young man is looking at. I might also consider trying to clone out the rope in the upper left of the frame, but that's just me. Your horizon is straight, and you have 2/3 sky to 1/3 water which is the balance you want to get close to instead of half and half. Overall, I think you did very well. Congrats!

Thank you J,

I agree with you. I love adding a little saturation to my images for the colors to pop. I left the in camera settings to normal or standard as much as possible then worry about it later and these are SOOC shots.

Thank you for your feedback.

Would like to hear from the rest of the team.

The first one here is the strongest image of the group. The other two aren't worth much.

Check it for straightness (level the water line) and bring up the shadows a bit, recrop to the new level, print it and hang it.

Thank you D!
I appreciate the feedback and I like the idea about printing it.

Also never thought of the waterline or even cared but now that gives me a better idea.

Can someone can edit the image and give me a better idea.

I don't like guessing things and assuming I'm doing it right.

We are not allowed to edit your photos unless you change your profile settings to allow editing.

We are not allowed to edit your photos unless you change your profile settings to allow editing.

Just changed the settings. Feel free to show me some edits for me to learn.

I was able to get just a bit in the shadows. Your original is very good!

IMG_0866 - Version 2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back