Stealing photos from Flickr...

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can you steal photos from Flickr?? I post photos on there of sessions I've done so the people can see them and decide if they want to order any.....I do upload a small res photo and have started using a watermark just in case, but just wondered if they can still be stolen??

No the military has guns watching them just for you :)

Oh good!! So they are safe!! :greenpbl:

I guess I should say how easy is it to steal from Flickr and do you think the photos would be print quality?? I uploaded pretty small files. I guess I'll just continue with the huge annoying watermark.....

Simple.
If you don't want photos stolen, don't put them on the internets.
Period.

really..? So what's the best way to show your photos to clients? The old method of printed proofs?

no idea, i am not a professional photographer. but don't some pro's have their own websites where clients have to use a password to log-in for proofs?

really..? So what's the best way to show your photos to clients? The old method of printed proofs?

no idea, i am not a professional photographer. but don't some pro's have their own websites where clients have to use a password to log-in for proofs?

Wouldn't that still be "putting them on the internet"?

That^

Password protected files hosted by your own server (hosting company) on your own website. I think SmugMug offers Password protected galleries, no?

Wouldn't that still be "putting them on the internet"?
Well, passwords can be hacked, so essentially it is the most secure way but not fool proof. The likelhood of that? Slim.
Can Flickr password protect your images?

I know Printroom does, but the files are so low res they look awful. I've heard great things about Smugmug....I may just have to pay the money and get an account!

I'm not THAT worried about it at this moment since I'm not really a professional, but if/when I get to that point I want to have a plan! :) Thanks everyone for your insight!

If right clicking and saving is what you call stealing.. I did it to one of your pictures.. This is all I can see from my computer..

spaceball.gif

Do you see anything? I don't.. So, I guess they can't steal.

Then again, I am new.. and really don't know what you mean by stealing.. Stealing to me is right clicking or control C and saving a picture that isn't yours.
spaceball.gif

you can screen shot anything.

print quality is a different story.

Photoshelter automatically watermarks everything and offers password protection too. Its a little pricey, but if you're serious its not much of an expense.

If right clicking and saving is what you call stealing.. I did it to one of your pictures.. This is all I can see from my computer..

spaceball.gif

Then again, I am new.. and really don't know what you mean by stealing.. Stealing to me is right clicking or control C and saving a picture that isn't yours.
spaceball.gif

Oh, Mostly Sunny, you need to get the windows snipping tool. You can capture anything displayed on your screen. Or try the old "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Did you know it has a purpose? It takes a screenshot and saves it to you "clipboard" so all you have to do is paste it into you image poroccessing program.

:mrgreen:

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

Oh, Mostly Sunny, you need to get the windows snipping tool. You can capture anything displayed on your screen. Or try the old "Print Screen" key on your keyboard. Did you know it has a purpose? It takes a screenshot and saves it to you "clipboard" so all you have to do is paste it into you image proccessing program.

:mrgreen:

NOOOO WAY!

if u dont post it online how will people like the photos and get u known later on?.. isnt there copyright sign on the photos so if they do steal it u can do somtng aoubt it

Most reactions

Back