Steampunk Headshots

trevburley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a few headshots that I took last night of my better half. I tried to change the feel of each image slightly in post to give them some individuality. Would love some feedback.

EDIT:
Shoot info: it was done at home with a Canon 750d, Canon 50mm f1.8 STM and a handheld YN560 speedlite and no assistant. All shots were at f16, 1/200s, ISO 100

df056749e6e8bedd4ccdc322ce3ccd9b

7bc5166fea3d4ed0225a7820236be277

f5864a0642a6012067f3ba5262763ba1

Cheers - Trev

Last edited:
I like them! Very neat. Different style that you don't normally see.

Not sure how good my feedback will be, but I do have comments on the crop on all of them. They all seem a little oddly cropped and oriented. Is that the style with steampunk? For example, it seems like #1 should be in portrait and #2 should be in landscape orientation.

It seems like the features (goggles, facemask) of all of them are either cropped to some extent or are just touching the frame in all shots. This makes it feel a little cramped to me?

Thanks - I was actually aiming for odd which matches the quirky art form of Steampunk and I was hoping it would add some intrigue to the shots.

Trev

Neat and creative concept. A couple of thoughts to expand upon Wade's "crop" point. In #1 you've cut the top off of the one goggle lens; a slight change of position or shooting portrait orientation would have fixed that. As well, the bits of strap visible from her top really don't fit in. Those should have gone away. Oh, and don't forget to turn up the ambient light in the studio!

In #2, just a little more room on the sides and a bit more light on the hat, and in #3, again the goggle lens is too close to the edge of the frame and isn't balanced with her eye below. I would suggest moving the lens a little further image left, and leaving more room top and right, and cropping the bottom.

Thanks guys, I've added a few extra details to the original post just in case you were interested

Most reactions

Back