Steampunk Parade

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every year Lincoln hosts the world's largest Steampunk festival. Just for interest here are a few shots from the parade this morning. They're not photographically excellent (C&C not needed, I know the flaws) but they do show some of the quirky and creative people we have around here. :)

Steampunk2017-5714.jpg

Steampunk2017-5732.jpg

Steampunk2017-5741.jpg

Steampunk2017-5801.jpg

Steampunk2017-5834.jpg

Steampunk2017-5845.jpg

Ah..I see Queen Victoria made an appearance!

Last edited:
What fun those are Grandad!

Question. We were talking on the phone with my sister in law in California last night; she'd never heard of steampunks and was somewhat baffled by the concept... the closest she could get was renaissance stuff and SCA. Who else outside of the UK has never heard of this and is baffled?

Steampunk - Wikipedia

Wow! What fun it would have been to see this in person!

Question. We were talking on the phone with my sister in law in California last night; she'd never heard of steampunks and was somewhat baffled by the concept... the closest she could get was renaissance stuff and SCA. Who else outside of the UK has never heard of this and is baffled?

Steampunk - Wikipedia

I'm surprised she hasn't heard of steampunk. It's not exactly 'mainstream' but it's also not some obscure regional fringe trend, either. I mean, they have steampunk gear on Amazon, fer cryin' out loud.

Confession time. I just finished editing my wife's photos of the event taken on my OLD Canon Rebel...
(She's such a newbie that I had to do the settings for her.)

Her shots outshine mine by several orders of magnitude. :aiwebs_016::angry::aufsmaul::blue::blueface::blush:

I've heard people claim that it's not about the gear.

However, gear is fun.

Confession time. I just finished editing my wife's photos of the event taken on my OLD Canon Rebel...
(She's such a newbie that I had to do the settings for her.)

Her shots outshine mine by several orders of magnitude. :aiwebs_016::angry::aufsmaul::blue::blueface::blush:
Great set GD... sounds like it's time to buy GM a new camera! (I was going to say a 'new body' but I thought that might wind up going down the wrong path)

... sounds like it's time to buy GM a new camera! (I was going to say a 'new body' but I thought that might wind up going down the wrong path)
I briefly considered trading in my 50 for two 25s, but SWMBO kindly pointed out that I haven't completely learned the one I've got yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back