Steel Building

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
This is one of the steel buildings I shot last month for the builder's ad materials.

-Pete

building.jpg

got big-ass doors on it. what's it used for?

Not very exciting...but that's what pays the bills I guess. :)

I like the shots...but I can't help but think that the clients will crop them to a more panoramic ratio when they are laying out the final product. Building like these seem like they would be hard to shoot...if you include the whole building, the shot is so wide that you don't see the details well. If you get closer for the details, you loose the large scope of the building.

it's good with the truck - even bigger than i would have imagined. get a fair few trucks inside of that one.

Not very exciting...but that's what pays the bills I guess. :)

Some are more interesting than others, but yeah..... not real exciting. They give me quite a few to do each year. Nice people too!

I like the shots...but I can't help but think that the clients will crop them to a more panoramic ratio when they are laying out the final product. Building like these seem like they would be hard to shoot...if you include the whole building, the shot is so wide that you don't see the details well. If you get closer for the details, you loose the large scope of the building.

I do sometimes go in close with a really wide lens to get away from that long look.

building3.jpg

that's a perfectly decent photo.
clouds are just in the right place too =]

To me it looks like a barn or shop starting out as the ranch style house, before the main house is build on a new ranch site

To me it looks like a barn or shop starting out as the ranch style house, before the main house is build on a new ranch site

GOOD thought. But there already is a quite nice home on the site. You can see a portion of it here. That's why I'm confused about this one. Typically, a when I shoot one of these in a setting like this, it's a much smaller building. I'll ask the client.

building4.jpg

So...they back into the building as dump trucks and leave the building as a big rig? o_O

OK... I asked. The out-buildings were existing when the house was built. My client did a complete re-cover to make them like new. So, what once was an ag building is now used purely for recreation. I'm told it's complete with showers for the bathers.

-Pete

Very images, I wish I had that kind of recreational building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back