"Steep Holm Blue" - simple composition

bishopsmead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
adamclutterbuck.com
Taken after sunset and out to sea where there were very dark clouds. At the same time the sky above me was still quite light with a clear sky - this gave the sea a beautiful quality of light. I hope that I have captured something of this in this very simple composition of the sea/sky/island.
I would very much welcome any thoughts (particularly regarding placement/composition) and I wonder generally if you like it/don't like it?
49946585.jpg

Settings: 30s f/10.0 at 55.0mm iso100
I now also notice a slight shadow below the island that I didn't spot before - possible when a wave lapped at the tripod leg. Any thoughts on whether this is noticeable enough to need to bin it?

Alternative landscape crop:
49962607.jpg

I like the image very much ... due to its simplicity, its color, its composition. I thought to see a slight tilt in the horizon first, but this actually has been an optical illusion. Very beautiful

as the others said, beautiful...

sometimes less is more, and this is one of those times :)

A keeper!

i'm not an expert on composition but i'm wondering if it would be benificial to have had the island a tad further over to the right-hand-side?!

no expert here, but i do like it for its simplicity. the water is very soft and the whole image has a dreamy atmosphere. if it were my photo i would definitely not "bin" it, if that means throwing it away...

I think the composition is good, it almost looks like an example of the golden ratio. I like the color and the texture of the water. It dosen't do much for me as a landscape, but I think it makes a great abstract. I think it would look very cool turned 90 degrees clockwise on its side. Nice work

hmm it looks like generated by a pc ... :p but it looks cool :D simple but cool :D

Love it! Don't worry about the shadow thing... i can't even see where you're talking about.

Great colours!

Most reactions

Back