Stepping away from people to the forest. C&C

kro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last time I posted, I posted a few portraits I took and they were alright. This time, I went out on a walk through the woods. This was my favorite, by far.
edgedtrees.jpg

I was trying to get a kind-of pin hole feel with the PP.
f/11, 1/13 sec exposure at ISO-800.
I tried it at a longer exposure to try and get better detail on the trees, but it was a no go with that lighting. I've been reading books and websites, but aperture and shutter speed still haven't clicked perfectly for me. What settings would have made this better? Here is a link to the original, in case that helps answering my question. http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae181/potatokate/DSC_0028.jpg

Nice shot, if you want to bring out more detail in the trees, put the
image in photoshop, then from the top menu go to Image-Adjustments-Shadow Highlights. This should bring out more detail and you can adjust the settings in Shadow Highlights to your liking.

That's a pretty powerful little adjustment. It brought a lot of detail back. Thanks a lot for the tip.

I am jealous of this image. It really has a creepy feel to it.
It's great when you can evoke an emotion out of the veiwer, other than "ooh, pretty".

I really like the colour tones, not your average "antique" look, it has depth.

I like it, has an old feeling to it, I would not want to be walking through that forest at night! Good Job

Before any post processing the picture gives you a 'weathered' sort of feeling. The PP you did only brings that feeling out more. Good job.

^ I submit my opinion humbly though, as someone who's very new to this hobby.

Before any post processing the picture gives you a 'weathered' sort of feeling. The PP you did only brings that feeling out more. Good job.

^ I submit my opinion humbly though, as someone who's very new to this hobby.

I really liked the way you phrased it though, even if you consider yourself just a humble newbie (like me. :lol:) Also, thanks Bitter Jeweler. What you said actually inspired me a bit. Such a simple concept, but still something I'm learning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back