Stepping stone falls

BadRotation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a pic I just took of the local dam, which half of it is a huge concrete set of waterfalls. Normally the lights underwater are on, making the water falling turn different colors, but they dont have the lights on for the season yet, so I had to settle with this.

I am having a hard time getting night photos in focus on the 20D, it is near impossible to see whats going on in the viewfinder at night. Any tips for focusing an objects a few hundred feet away in no light?

steppingstone9oa.jpg

Raymond J Barlow said:
just a little too much sky in your crop, and maybe brighten it a tad! But, what a great shot!!!

What about this? I lightened it, and used photoshops clone tool to get rid of the two dead pixels, and the radio tower lights.

I kept the sky, since I like the colors (which was odd since it was 10PM, and I was quite a way away from city lights. There was some geomagnetic activity going on though, but it was cloudy, so maybe it picked up reflections of the northern lights on the tops of the clouds or something.)

steppingsmall3aj.jpg

BadRotation said:
I am having a hard time getting night photos in focus on the 20D, it is near impossible to see whats going on in the viewfinder at night. Any tips for focusing an objects a few hundred feet away in no light?

At a distance like that, turn off the auto-focus and set the focus at infinity.

I hope this helps.

-Pete

the second one looks better to me, lighting it up abit has brought out a lot of nice tones

Most reactions

Back