STEREO thread!

Awesome thanks for the help, I'll give it a try sometime.

This last set has been the hardest for me to get. The taller building in the center of the shot stands out great, but the arena or whatever it is... I just couldn't get a good focus on it with my eyes.

Strange... works very well for me. Are you sure you're looking at a right image with a right technique? I get same problem as you describe when I look at a cross-eyed image with parallel eye way of looking at it.

Hello! Got a new stereo set - my wife's sleeping grandpa :)

CROSS-EYED:
Grandpa_Cross.jpg

PARALLEL:
Grandpa_parallel.jpg

yeah Im sure. I can see the difference, I just cant seem to keep it held. With the rest it takes just a second to get it crossed, then I have to relax my eyes so I can make out the new center 3d image. With the arena I just have a hard time relaxing and keeping the 3d image.

This one of the grandfather is awesome. The sheet or whatever it is next to his head really pops.

This is a statue in Minsk, Belarus. It is dedicated to jews (civilians) killed in world war 2 during **** occupation of Belarus.

CROSS-EYED:
Statue1_Cross.jpg

PARALLEL:
Statue1_Parallel.jpg

holy hell, this is the best picture so far. looking at it sends chills up and down my back. through this picture you can really sense the line. Great work

Update! This time its two photos, though of the same subject. Me and my wife were at the spring in the woods and she spotted something in the bushes, so we gave chase and found this hedgehog hiding in the bushes.

CROSS-EYED:
hedgehog3b_Cross.jpg

PARALLEL:
hedgehog3b_parallel.jpg

And another one - a bit closer, but the bugger moved a little, so his needles are not very sharp...

CROSS-EYED:
hedgehog1_Cross.jpg

PARALLEL:
hedgehog1_parallel.jpg

those are very cool, I just tried a simple one and it worked quite well. I'll post some when I do some that are cool ;)

I'm glad you posted this here. I originally found thephotoforum.com while searching for others that have tried stereo shots by taking two shots from a single lens camera.

I was looking to trade tips or ideas or whatever. I found that if the images are too large I can't overlap them without a special viewer.

Of the three I attempted, this was the one that was easiest on my eyes but still had some depth to it.

Parallel:

image1_sm.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm back! After a year! hah, and I'm happy to see more posts besides just my own :)

Anyways, while I was away from this noblest of forums, I kept up with my stereo photography. Here's one of the more recent photos:

Parallel:
Bull_Par.jpg

Cross:
Bull_Cross.jpg

That is the most frustrating thread on TFP ever!!!! I have never been able to see a 3D image from a stereo pair and those are no exception (and I have the same problem with those 'Magic eye' books)....:grumpy:

Most reactions

Back