Steve Huff: Where the photography industry is heading

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Steve Huff: And he talks and talks ...

In case anybody wonders: the only original statement he makes is that he thinks product cycles will slow down. I dunno ... possibly ? The Nikon D3400 for example took ages to release and was a complete joke - they hardly improved anything and they dropped the sensor cleaning !!! Who he heck would do that ??! The Canon 5D4, well if I was a Canon user, I would have no clue why I would buy that one. The new Minolta A mount camera from Sony was actually a real surprise. Etc. So ... maybe. But then again, maybe a new technology is just around the corner. 4K/6K/8K Video, Color Splitter, Organic Sensors, Lightfield cameras, Electronic Shutter ...

Other than that a ton of Captain Obvious Statements:

- Smartphones are a problem and are killing the point and shoot.
- Mirrorless cameras sell.
- Bigger sensors get cheaper and more popular.
- People get tired of the update game. Actually thats true since ages.
- Steve Huff likes mirrorless. A LOT. And talks about it. A LOT.

Well, thankfully he at least doesnt state anywhere "DSLRs are dying". Because personally I really dont think thats gonna happen.

IMHO the only thing that mirrorless has over DSLRs is that mirrorless are still improving so drastically that buying new generations actually still makes a lot of sense. With the Fuji X-T2 though now there might be a limit reached with mirrorless as well.

While for DSLRs, buying the next generation .. the advantages only grow smaller.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back