Sticky Thread Suggestion

Tiberius47

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Given that there are countless threads from beginners asking what camera to buy, can we create a sdticky thread to answer this question?

Given that there are countless threads from beginners asking what camera to buy, can we create a sdticky thread to answer this question?

There have been a few threads created for that but, they don't get stikied for various reasons, the primary being it won't stop the questions, nine times out of ten, new users with the questions on their mind upon registering register for the question and will likely miss it.

Here is mine it later got merged with one made by Harmony

Reguardless, I support the stikie though

I'm on another forum where there is a single thread for introductions, and whenever someone starts their own thread for it, they are redirected to the sticky thread. Something like this is what I am thinking. it's just not a good idea to have a dozen threads about the same thing.

Thing is when you are a beginner and starting out people often come to forums with very little understanding, so even if they notice and read the sticky it does not help them.
Further (and I find this myself) sometimes you make a choice, but you are uncertain as to whether its the right choice - so you ask other people - hence the threads. People want to make sure that they have researched and made the right choice - a sticky for advice won't stop those threads

People want to make sure that they have researched and made the right choice - a sticky for advice won't stop those threads
That is correct. We've stuck many a "help thread" over the years, only to eventually remove it since it doesn't stop folks from posting their questions.

Not only that, having too many stickies gets forums cluttered looking after a while. We like to try to keep things neat and clean here. :sillysmi:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back