Still can't get close enough to eagles and some other shots

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The weather was surprisingly nice today even though there was a 70% chance of rain. I ended up getting a late start. I really wish I could get closer to eagles, unfortunately these are cropped really heavily. I don't see them very often so I have to go with what I can...
Eagle landing sequence...

Eagle banking by krisinct, on Flickr

Eagle landing by krisinct, on Flickr

The eagle has landed 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

The eagle has landed 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

I gave up on the eagles and hiked around found a few other birds
5 Nuthatch

Nuthatch by krisinct, on Flickr
6 Worms eye view of a Robin

American Robin worms eye view by krisinct, on Flickr

Like all of them but especially like the Robin...they have migrated here in the thousands. Can't swing a dead cat and not hit one.

Hey, at least you SEE eagles! I've seen one pair of eagles in the wild in my life. That was on a motorcycle trip and all I had with me was a cheap P&S camera (max resolution 1024x768!).

I love number 4. Very nice photo. Is that one print ready? If so, email me the print ready version and I'll mail you a large print of it, free of course. ;-) It belongs on a large print..I think 16x20 will be nice, format it for that size.

[email protected]

The robin is simply outstanding; but I actually love the eagle series, especially the second and fourth photos. Might not be the closest eagle pics ever, but they are sharp and tell a story, and just exceptionally well done--which is no surprise. :D

I got so lucky with my eagles the first time, but haven't caught them flying that low again. Saturday was a complete bust. I'm completely serious when I tell you that there were AIRPLANES flying lower than the stupid eagles!! :lmao:
(Okay, the airport is less than three miles away as the crow flies, but still...)

Today, I did get one perched in the tree, but was just too far away and it flew off after one shot. So I gave up and went after herons. Got a few decent ones, I think; probably post a couple tomorrow.

I love number 4. Very nice photo. Is that one print ready? If so, email me the print ready version and I'll mail you a large print of it, free of course. ;-) It belongs on a large print..I think 16x20 will be nice, format it for that size.

[email protected]
Huh?

[email protected]
Huh?

I work in a print lab. A real print lab. ;-) Now and then I see an image that deserves to be on a large print, number 4 struck me as one.

Oh boo hoo
crybaby-smiley-face.gif

Sorry I can't feel bad for you! Those are better than my best LOL!

<------jealous. i wish i had birds like that around me.

[/QUOTE]

I work in a print lab. A real print lab. ;-) Now and then I see an image that deserves to be on a large print, number 4 struck me as one.[/QUOTE]

I don't have enough resolution to print it that big :( It's cropped too much (1419x1114) and would be quite a mess if it were enlarged. If I can fill the frame and get this shot, i'm in :)

Always great stuff!! :hail:

I don't have enough resolution to print it that big :( It's cropped too much (1419x1114) and would be quite a mess if it were enlarged. If I can fill the frame and get this shot, i'm in :)

Just send me your final version and I'll get it in the lab and let you know how big we can go with it still looking great. You'd be surprised. ;-)

Great shots as always. I feel your frustation with eagles as they are very uncooperative. My fav this time is the nuthatch as I find them to be another bird that's hard to get close too.

Most reactions

Back