Still have your first shots ever??

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Ccauceg, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Ccauceg

Ccauceg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So just recently I found some of the first shots I ever took when I got into photography about 4 years ago. All I could think of when I was look at the old shots was "Wow, I was so awful". About 97% of the pictures were not correctly exposed, extremely poor composition, and just not interesting subject matter at all. I just could not believe back then I found some of these scenes interesting.
    I compare it to my work now and I realize as to how far i have come. I still have a lot to learn but its good to see that I have actually improved over the years. Anyone else have your first shots way back when? If so how do you feel about them?

2. giorgio

giorgio TPF Noob!

Yes I do, they're from Jan 1st 2010 ha ha, I'm a newbie.

Well, those are the photos I took with the intention of having good shots, walking around at Downtown.
    I don't count the test and fooling around in the office shots when I got the camera.

I also still have in my PC the first email messages in MS Outlook since like Oct 1999 ha

:D

3. Natalie

Natalie No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    LOL, I'll let the photos speak for themselves! Here are some of the first shots from my G9 (obviously, I thought selective color was the greatest thing ever :lol:)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ccauceg

Ccauceg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Lol those are what my shots pretty much consisted of too. I had a snap shot of a wagon with extremely blown highlights and a completely center compostion (I guess I thought the circle in the center of the view finder was a "bullseye" of some sort :p), and i thought it was a great photo back then too!

5. Ccauceg

Ccauceg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Dont get rid of those, you will look back on those pictures and see how much you have improved!

6. eric-holmes

eric-holmes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Here are mine, Taken with a crappy p&s but I loved it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    heh most of my early photos (at least when I got the DSLR and took photography more seriously) are mostly indoor shots with a popup flash - all auto mode and of a dull student room (yah inspiring! ;)) and I can happily say they no longer exist to embarrass me.

I do however have a load of my early shots once I started to get going a little more - my blog has most of them (well the ones that looked good at the time) and there are a few more. I happily keep them as they are a great way to see how I have changed in my shooting - mostly for the better though sometimes the older shots can showup where I have gotten lazy in current times and dropped or let something slip in my method or composition.

8. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    In a photo album somewhere on my bookshelf - I still have most of my earliest stuff.

Most of it sucks, lol.

Early film shots, the negatives are long gone - all I have now is prints, but I still have pretty much every digital picture I've ever taken on a disk somewhere.

9. Actor

Actor TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't even remember my first shots ever. I think they handed me a camera in the delivery room. :lol:

10. george elsasser

george elsasser TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here are some notes on my favorite image from my college 101 photo course. This one is a bit more interesting than my others from that class.

blog

11. Insanity

Insanity TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yep... posted to the internet for all to see.

Now though it's gone from pride to embarrasment now that I'm learning how to do actual photos. :)

12. themedicine

themedicine TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hahaha this is a great thread! I have all of the photos in physical form I took with my teenage mutant ninja turtles camera from when I was 5-10. I have old b&w prints from when I was 15-16 and I have all of my negatives and prints from college either regular rc paper, fiber paper, and cyanotypes on weird ass paper. I have myfirst digital shots printed out as they were from my first real trip outside of the country when I was 18. 2.3mp Sony cybershot! I have lost alot of digital files to my first hard drive crash in 2006 and then a more recent issue with my external hard drive but I still have access to most of it online somewhere...