Still learning... took some pictures at a friends wedding for practice! C&C please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Poena Canalis, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Poena Canalis

Poena Canalis TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I had the chance to go to my boyfriends brother's wedding and saw it as an opportunity to practice taking some pictures. They had a paid photographer at the wedding but I asked if it was all right for me to take photos as well and they were more then happy and I also asked the photographer if he would mind and he said not at all so that was really nice!

I like how a lot of them came out and the family loves them and is very happy I was there to take some extra pictures. Don't worry I didn't get paid or anything it was all just for fun and practice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hate shading it out that much but i'm a short person and there were random hands in the frame and they were kind of annoying so I just shaded them out...:confused:

2. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Since you're in the leaning mode, have a look at this guys site. A new TPF member. I don't shoot weddings, but much can be learned from his images IMO.

The PP in #4 is not too good IMO, in fact it's pretty bad if presented to the B&G.

3. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Random stuff getting in your frame is better salvaged with cropping rather than intense vignetting. The vignetting in those is too drab and washes out the colours.

+1 on the PP job for #4. You really need to get in closer with your tools; spend lots of time and get it right. Or, learn how to light such a shot so that you get the white background in-camera.

4. SuperMom30

SuperMom30 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Out of them all, I would have to go with #5 it's the best of the lost for me. I ruined a lot of what could have been good photo's by vignetting to death. I agree with MusicaleCA crop don't vignette makes the colors seem really drab...but Im new to, just my thoughts

5. Andrew Sun

Andrew Sun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #5 is also the best out of this series. However all of them lack a lot of umph to be considered good shots.

Thanks for sharing though, you'll only get better.

6. a.rilley

a.rilley TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with Andrew Sun, the fifth one looks to be one of the best there. I also like the third one.