Still life - Chinese lanterns

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Otherwise known as Physalis franchetii. A still life with the emphasis on colour.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/02/chinese-lanterns.html

Chinese-lanterns-5.jpg

I'm loving all the shades of blue in this one. Nice lighting, and of course the orange 'lanterns' really make the pic pop with colour and 'dimension'.

that combination of colours is really great!! :)

Thanks Antarctican & Alex. Natural lighting on this one - from a window to the right. The choice of vase to go with the lanterns is my wife's, all the rest is down to me :).

Regards, Tony

Nice composition. I love the contrast of the bright colors of the plant and vase against the shiny black surface.

This is the type of picture I could see hung up in an art gallery or a house. Great job!

Nice one. The colors look great. The only nitpick is I think I would have moved the vase so that it was either centered, or more to the right to kind of balance out the composition more (moving the stems accordingly to keep them in frame) other than that though, it's a great shot.

This is beautiful, agree on the centering thing like previously posted, but wow, nice shot and I really didnt notice until it was pointed out. Nice work

Nice shot Tony. Definitely one for hanging. I very much like the left/right positioning of the vase. The only suggestion I'd have would be to bring the vase forward a few inches, as it has a slightly cramped feel against the rear surface.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back