Still life, Wine and apples.

Brian L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianlinephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. took this tonight and a few other shots at different angles with my homemade soft box. Give me a thumbs up if ya like it. Or thumbs down if ya don't.

Take care.

postforcc.jpg

Ok added this as I didn't much care for how things were turning out with the top photo. Now I still have my watermark on there and I know it takes up some space. Thumbs up or down. Thanks.

[
_MG_0987.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome thanks.

I guess I should have put the watermark at the bottom. Didn't want anyone stealing my photo.

I think the wine bottle is actually a illusion. The surface I was using was a counter top and is perfect flat. Nothing was under the wind bottle.

Does kinda stink it looks like that. lol

aw, digital flower beat me to it. I also think the water mark is kind of in the way. I mean, its right in one of your main subjects right?

I like the black and white though, i find that was well done it makes it kind of gloomy and old looking.

Ill keep on working for some more black and white still life shots. I don't much care to look at still life but it sure is fun choosing things to be a subject. lol.

I like both shots. Black and white works well with still life photos.

I like the framing in the last photo. It's pleasant.

your first picture:
the bottle is out of focus slightly... try taking a step back and zooming to widen your focal plane. your eyes seems to drift to the lettering on the bottle almost instinctively... so it's bothersome when the object of focus is... out of focus...:lol:

try using either a sepia or red tone to pull some extra warmth into the shot...

I like the orientation, it's very complementary, not too crowded, not too much negative space... and I agree with digital flower... move the water mark down.

7.5/10

the second picture:

overall it's kind of plain and boring... there's no dynamically interacting lines to speak of... all of it very down and to the right...

the lower right apple is out of focus...

the banana is a good idea but there's just something wrong about it... I can't put my finger on it... (edit): the banana doesn't fit with the feel of the shot... too smooth, lacking texture! thats it...

I really like the texture of the wood in this shot... very fitting of apples...

6/10

hope it helps, keep shooting!
-Ian

Most reactions

Back