still life..

Nicely done, simple but interesting, well composed with nice balance and textures. Good job, I could totally see this hanging on a kitchen wall.

This is a fascinating study in composition and framing! My only suggestion would be to make the lemons look just a bit more of a brighter yellow-y,lemon-y yellow, less warm-toned. Anyway, yeah, wow...this shot has LIFE to it! I love the way my eye moves back and forth, back and forth, over and over. And OMG, what a great decision to put that carefully wrinkled fabric down on the table--marvelous device to bring more texture to the shot, and to keep the dark wood from creating a sort of bottomless pit effect! The highlight placement on the juicer is good. Very good. Something so simple as this shot can be tough to do. So few props, yet so well-connected. Good shootin'!

This is a fascinating study in composition and framing! My only suggestion would be to make the lemons look just a bit more of a brighter yellow-y,lemon-y yellow, less warm-toned. Anyway, yeah, wow...this shot has LIFE to it! I love the way my eye moves back and forth, back and forth, over and over. And OMG, what a great decision to put that carefully wrinkled fabric down on the table--marvelous device to bring more texture to the shot, and to keep the dark wood from creating a sort of bottomless pit effect! The highlight placement on the juicer is good. Very good. Something so simple as this shot can be tough to do. So few props, yet so well-connected. Good shootin'!

Thanks, Derrel... I alway appreciate your feedback. :)

Nicely done, simple but interesting, well composed with nice balance and textures. Good job, I could totally see this hanging on a kitchen wall.
Thank you!

Well done. As Derrel said, simple but effective. Connection made both visually and conceptually. Very good lighting, inspired use of the DOF.

I like it. I just wish there was one hlaf cut lemon ready to juice near the juicer.

A beautiful still life! Great composition and lighting.:thumbyo::thumbyo::thumbyo:

It struck me that it seemed almost a little artificial; coming back and looking at it I think it's because the juicer is sharp but the rest is so soft. Especially to the left of the juicer the cloth appears soft and it seems like that portion of it and the juicer would be the same depth of field. I think the composition has some nice balance to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back