Still lovin my 70-200L 2.8 IS. Any complaints?

sinjans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well it's been 3 months since I purchased this lens and I have no regrets. I havn't seen much talk on here of the new mkII version so I figured I'd take the opportunity to comment on the performance of the mk1 version, which I feel is still an amazing lens and I would not part with it(well maybe for an even trade on a mkII :).
As far as softness goes at 2.8 I have noticed a few occasions where it was a little soft but still produced a nice image. I have no intentions of reviewing all the pros and cons here, but just wanted to show some appreciation for the now discontinued lens.
Attached are a few of my latest walk around shots and a few from a family shoot. I think they are decent and encourage anyone out there who can not afford the mkII version to go for the mkI used or new. It wont be too long before stores run out of stock.
Please take the opportunity to comment on your experiences/news/updates/post photos or any bs you wish to add here. I know there are dozens of 70-200 threads on this forum but with the release of the mkII I figured i'd shed some light on the topic.

Attachments

• $T Bokeh.jpg
    $T Bokeh.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 107
  • $nicheadshot.jpg
    $nicheadshot.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 143
  • $calli.jpg
    $calli.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 103
  • $AUDREY FINAL.jpg
    $AUDREY FINAL.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 113
  • $nicstump.jpg
    $nicstump.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
3 and 4 are great!

I'm trying to justify buying this lens at the moment. Thinking about renting it for a up and coming trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back