Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...I was just driving the two hours home from the rehab hospital in which my little cousin Nicole is recooperating....about 3 miles from home I hit a deer for the first time in my life. Not even 10 minutes ago. I was driving about 60 mph...and though it wasn't a giant buck, it wasn't tiny, either...and somehow I managed to not only not get in a bad wreck, but also...I have almost no damage to my car. My license plate is dented in pretty good, there is hair stuck to it and also under my car, and blood on my back tire....and my car smells now....but it drives fine, and I'm ok. Shaking and tense, but ok.

Poor deer. :(

I dodged a deer today too. Damn Illinois deer. Big and stupid.

Don't you just hate deer? Sure their pretty and all but when driving, I can't stand them! I always drive crazy slow at night and watch for 'em! I had to call the police when I hit mine but I think that was really because I had to turn over a claim to State Farm....but as long as your car is okay...I don't know if you *technically* have to.....hm....It's good that you're okay! When I hit mine, I had my truck so I was up a bit higher and protected a bit more (still did some considerable damage to my truck tho!) but I pulled over and cried like a baby! (I was also VERY convinced that the deer was still smushed to the front of my truck-not the case at all!) Shook me up really bad! I like to say that I don't mind deer as long as they're cooked into a patty with jalapeno peppers mixed in...yummy! :) But glad you're alright! (Go a bit slower at night time, k? Especially in spring/summer/fall! lol!)

I dodged a deer today too. Damn Illinois deer. Big and stupid.

Funnily enough, I was driving home from the Chicago suburbs.

Happened about two hours south of the 'burbs, though. I've never hit a deer, despite thier abundance in the area....I've been lucky....and tonight I was even luckier.

I hope daylight tomorrow doesn't reveal any damage that I couldn't see tonight.

Don't you just hate deer? Sure their pretty and all but when driving, I can't stand them! I always drive crazy slow at night and watch for 'em! I had to call the police when I hit mine but I think that was really because I had to turn over a claim to State Farm....but as long as your car is okay...I don't know if you *technically* have to.....hm....It's good that you're okay! When I hit mine, I had my truck so I was up a bit higher and protected a bit more (still did some considerable damage to my truck tho!) but I pulled over and cried like a baby! (I was also VERY convinced that the deer was still smushed to the front of my truck-not the case at all!) Shook me up really bad! I like to say that I don't mind deer as long as they're cooked into a patty with jalapeno peppers mixed in...yummy! :) But glad you're alright! (Go a bit slower at night time, k? Especially in spring/summer/fall! lol!)

I don't think I knew you hit a deer. You're my cousin. I'm supposed to know these things.

Oh deer!
As if I didn't know the feeling.
And damage to my car was in both cases more than € 3.000.-! Right light fixtures all gone, bumper, right side, car had to be straightened...

Oh, Corinna! I remember that! I think you even posted pictures of the damage, didn't you?

I know MANY people have had it way worse than me...I'm thanking my lucky stars....but I'm still kinda shook up!

I think the best thing for you to do is chill out a bit, maybe have a beer or something, and keep telling yourself accidents are a part of life. Its funny how we all do this, but we do something we didn't want to, and then we blame ourselves. At least I do. I'm quite sure you didn't want to hit the deer, so you shouldn't be upset with yourself if you are. Also, the deer may be fine. She'll probably feel like crap, but maybe she just knows better now and will live to be very old and wise :)

I hit a deer with my car once, but I was able to slow down to about 15-20 before I hit him. She rolled into a ditch, got up, looked at me, said some curse words in deer language, and ran away. I hope she learned a lesson... I know I did (drive slower going over hills... lol).

My grandparents seem to hit deer annually.

I think the best thing for you to do is chill out a bit, maybe have a beer or something, and keep telling yourself accidents are a part of life. Its funny how we all do this, but we do something we didn't want to, and then we blame ourselves. At least I do. I'm quite sure you didn't want to hit the deer, so you shouldn't be upset with yourself if you are. Also, the deer may be fine. She'll probably feel like crap, but maybe she just knows better now and will live to be very old and wise :)

I hit a deer with my car once, but I was able to slow down to about 15-20 before I hit him. She rolled into a ditch, got up, looked at me, said some curse words in deer language, and ran away. I hope she learned a lesson... I know I did (drive slower going over hills... lol).

:biglaugh: This made me bust up laughing! :lol:

glad you are ok, sounds like a luck escape

a couple of days after my hubby (then boyfreind) decided to sell his car, and found a buyer for it, we were driving to the movies and hit a deer at about 50mph it was in England so it wasnt to big, but it died and the car needed work messed up the intercooler -insurance covered it, and the guy still bought the car

Most reactions

Back