Still Shooting! Macro Test

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't forgotten about photography in my absence although I am just getting back into the swing of things now that the long boring uninspiring winter is finally over.

I put together a macro setup using "what I have" for the most part. Old Canon 50mm with an old FD mount reverse ring on a FD to EF converter on my 60D. That's a mouthful!

Went for a couple wanders to find things to test it out on and didn't find a whole lot moving around but enough to give it a bit of a try. These are the results, I think I'll quite enjoy playing around with this setup this season :) .....

IMG_5822_1-1 by Judi, on Flickr

IMG_5703-1 by Judi, on Flickr

IMG_5677bw-1 by Judi, on Flickr

IMG_5584-1 by Judi, on Flickr

IMG_5790-1 by Judi, on Flickr

Love the... hair? Very neat.

Not nearly as small as hair, it's the wrapping from one of those outdoor torches that is starting to unravel ;) It's surprisingly quite pleasing!

I love the twisted stuff as well...I thought it might be wisteria. Whatever it is, it's my fave of the bunch.

RE: Your, "Old Canon 50mm with an old FD mount reverse ring on a FD to EF converter on my 60D. That's a mouthful! "

I love lash-ups, and the way they are described!

In the hands of mere mortals, the last (#5) could be thought of as a missed focus, but I know better. Love #3 and #4. The arachnid is good too, but eight-legged hairies aren't my favourite snuggle-up-with-them pets. The heart-of-wood needs something, like a low grazing light, to bring it into the spectacular. My opinion.

Thanks all! I'm really drawn to the twisted cording too but don't tell the others ;)

Paul, yeah I had to see how it minimized details and those were the only teeeeny tiiiiny things blooming ;) Agree 100% on the heart of wood, I was leaning over it and my hair kept falling and shading the stump and I didn't have a hair tie, that's my story and I'm stickin to it ;) lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back