still standing-C&C

Bambi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to take this picture as soon as I saw the tree. I also thought that it would be best in B&W. Any thoughts, critiques, comments are welcome :)

4358242998_f3eaff269b_b.jpg

I totally agree that the picture looks great in black and white!

I feel there is a bit too much stuff in the foreground. If your intent (as per the title) was the tilty tree, then cutting out some of that stuff might help focus the viewers attention on the tree.

I like black and white images as they draw the viewers eye to the shapes and lines that the image creates. The foreground stuff has alot of twisting and turning lines which draws me eye more than the tree.

I also feel that the background tree line is a bit dark. I normally wouldnt mind, but I feel that it being so dark, along with the dark in the tree kind makes the tree mesh in with the background tree line a bit too much.

But great eye and nice image, I like it.

those make sense. I can play with the crop to take out the bottom grass. I am also wondering if there's too much empty space on top? I will also see if I can lighten up the tree line. It was a harsh time of day light-wise so I may have clipped the darks.

thanks so much for your comments. Often I get so immersed in a photo that I can't be objective anymore and need outside opinions.

I actually like the tiltyness of the tree, but thats my personal taste. Try to straighten it and see how it looks. I dont mind the space at the top... but hey no harm in trying things out.

can also try shooting from closer (or farther) and try a lower POV (which would isolate the tree more against the sky imo)...

Okay, I re-cropped and dodged the trees. Is it any better? or the same?

4400905129_144b4300c1_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back