Stock photography?

Ccarver80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I been hearing about stock photography I registered on alamy.com and I think I have an account on istockphotos.com.

I know there's a quality check before you can start submitting photos I submitted four to alamy.com still waiting to hear back.

I'm relatively new to this, is it better to submit photos unedited or is it okay to touch them up a bit in Lightroom?

Also what images do the best I'm kinda into landscape and wildlife right now but that's kind of my only options living in rual Montana any advice would be nice thank you!

IMO, stock is more effort than it's worth these days. The market is so over-saturated, which, combined with the huge decrease in quality requirements by end users means that everyone and his dog's dog is in the stock game now. Most good stock agencies will list the sorts of images that they want, but in general 'people' and 'tech' are categories that do very well. As far as processing, you should only be sending images which have been optimized to the best of your ability.

welcome to the site.

I know nothing about alamay but I am a contributor to iStock. I process all of my images that are submitted for review. I wouldn't dare submit a photo SOOC to them.

Good luck, it's a tough road.

welcome to the site.

I know nothing about alamay but I am a contributor to iStock. I process all of my images that are submitted for review. I wouldn't dare submit a photo SOOC to them.

Good luck, it's a tough road.

SOOC?

Ok sweet thanks!

My main goal I guess is I would like to make $$ with my camera just as an additional income (expecting our first child March 2016 :D)

would I be more profitable with stock? Or selling prints on etsy.com or ebay or locally?

It's been a hobby that I would like to see a return on

You have to have a gun, hat, spurs, a horse, whip, and at least 1000 head of cattle. You then go out a photography each animal in there journey from field to abattoir.

Ok sweet thanks!

My main goal I guess is I would like to make $$ with my camera just as an additional income (expecting our first child March 2016 :D)

would I be more profitable with stock? Or selling prints on etsy.com or ebay or locally?

It's been a hobby that I would like to see a return on

You know how to make a million dollars in photography???

Start with two million dollars.

Yea I know.... it's a long shot but even $50/month would be nice....

Hmm good to know, Grrrr I hate being an adult and having responsibilities... lol

You would have an easier time making $50 a month with portraits. Schedule, about 5 a month and have at least one of them show up. JMHO

Hmm good to know, Grrrr I hate being an adult and having responsibilities... lol
Yeah, being an adult stinks.

There are perks, though. You can have cookies and/or ice cream pretty much whenever you want.

Most reactions

Back