Stockbridge Farm

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Garrentee, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Garrentee

Garrentee TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Its been snowing now for 3 days and havent been able to get out and shoot so im digging through the old files...

I cropped this into a pano cause' there was too much foreground of snow...let me know how ya feel!!!

[​IMG]

2. flyingseale

flyingseale TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    American farms are so pretty. If you ever see a picture of a typical british farm it will be crumbling and covers in s**t instead of snow.

3. neea

neea TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow. this looks like something out of a Christmas movie.
    The color makes this picture pop.
    Makes me wish I was riding a horse down the drive way.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah, thanks neea for telling me what feelings I have when I see this photo and these red painted farms in midst all this snow - with spring clearly arriving where I am, "Christmas" wasn't what I was thinking of, but now that you name it, I am realising that this is exactly what it feels like. It could well be made into a Christmas greeting card.

The clear weather brings out the colours so much, even though this time there is no blue sky to be seen. But I feel that blue sky, too :D. Exposure on the snow is really good, you have perfected that technique, I say! Must be because you get a lot more of that white, fluffy stuff, and for much longer in the year, than we ever do.

I like how the dividing fence brings the photo to a natural ending before the end of your cropped frame, so it seems like you chose wisely to crop it here.

5. Garrentee

Garrentee TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    flyingseale, there are plenty of farms here in vermont that are pieces of s**t and falling apart...just have to find the ones that are currently being run!!

NEEA, thanks for the kind words and yes this farm is a famouse horse farm...so the riding the horse down the driveway thing, could happen!!

lafoto, thanks also for the kind words...i have gotten pretty good at exposure in the snow...this year weve gotten a lot of snow, late!!! In the original there is a large field in the foreground and i felt it took away from the overall feel of the barns and fences...figured cropping it near the fence would give it a good line in the foreground.

thanks again all!!!