Stone Ghosts

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
Olympus Digital, outdoor, no flash
Taken at the korean war memorial. I was trying hard to catch all the different aspects that make this moving, the wall of faces, the expressions of the "soldiers" and the realistic poses. Does this move you?
Later I was focused on the highlights and shadows, which is why I made it black and white. Gimme notes
vietnam.jpg

i like it, but i can see the reflection of your flash or possibly the sun in the wall . either one is kinda distracting.

maybe try cloning it out instead

so you're hanging around my neck of the woods and not contacting...what's up with that? ;)

forget shooting this thing during the day...this is a night photography project!

Yes, I was at this memorial at night once, when I was in 8th grade. But this time around I was with my family, and we were leaving that day so we had to visit during the day time. So, yah, heh. Thats part of the reason i made it black and white.

I think I like it more without the cut-off soldier on the left. Very nice in B&W and I didn't notice the white spot until mentioned - but should be easy to learn how to clone it out. You have shown great improvement in your photographic postings/leanings recently - at least from what I have seen. It would be a pity for you not to expand your post-processing skills to continue advancing and improving your skills.

Tuna

thankie *bows* I do intend on further improving my skills. On my deviant art site, there are pictures from when I was still in high school and they travel up to now and it is interesting to look through them and see the progress over years, since most of my work is self taught. I have pretty learned everything I know via critique. That and pressing random buttons on the camera ;D

Most reactions

Back