Stone Lines - ('still life')

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's something i created while visiting the black sea this summer...sorry about the moire in the feather, it was impossible to keep out after the resize.

thanks for looking!

stonelines-sm.jpg

here's a 'smoother' bw version:

stonelines-smbw.jpg

good work danny boy, we'll have to shoot some stuff twhen your up here

nice shots, good eye to catch this. even better to capture it so well... :thumbup:

Great shot, i like both versions..... the colours are good in the first, but the lines are more prominent in the second.... though choice, but great image. :thumbup:

My goodness, your work is always amazing.

Personally I prefer the colour version over the black and white, simply due to the stark pastel yellow admist the blue.

thanks everyone!

i had always just used the color one, but decided to try it in black and white. the color one looks really neat on metallic paper.

What does "moire" mean?

I love what you spotted and captured like this!
One of the coolest, simplest and most effectful still life scene I have seen in a long time, and all unarranged, just there - and you saw it. Way cool.

The subtle colours are wonderful!

thanks corinna!

here's an example on moire:

http://www.coolopticalillusions.com/eye-tricks/optic-pictures/moire_circle.gif

it's basically when a set of lines get too close to each other relative to the display resolution that all of the lines can't be resolved seperately. it's often a problem with lower resolution digital cameras or when resizing photos that have alot of repeating intricate details, like in a feather or a bride's veil.

Ah, thanks for the explanation, Daniel.
Cool word, one to keep in mind :D. Yes, I can see the lines of that feather "move" ... our old TV at home gives us much of it when some person wears clothes with thin stripes or so. Is it pronounced in the French way? /MO-ARE/?

no problem! yes, it happens alot when people wear thin-striped shirts.

the word is french, and is pronounced in a few ways: 'moyer' (almost like 'moyr'), 'mor', and 'mwar'.

Most reactions

Back