Stones

awe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I must admit that I didn't like this picture at first; the composition seemed too boring and simple. But I had this image in my head of how I wanted these stones to look like. And after some post processing in Photoshop (Duotone, levels, contrast) the picture is pretty close to how I visualized it. I especially like how the stone in the middle stands out.
What do you think? Is it still boring or has it at least a bit a "captivating quality"? And do you think that the middle stone stands out enough?

By the way: Every time I look at the picture, I see a face in one of the stones. Find it :D

424481894_aac7c2db08_d.jpg

Bigger version here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/424481894_cfba132af2_o_d.jpg

The pic has great texture, I especially like the light lines on some of the stones.

The composition and PP work is good, another element to add interest would help. But it does have artistic merit. At least you thought it out and just didn't take a snapshot.
Cosmo

Thanks for all the replies. And I agree with you, cosmonaut, that another element could add more interest.

BTW: Nobody's found the face yet :)

It is on the bottom left, with part of the mouth cropped by the frame... and hey, in addition to all your pp work I feel that the simple frame that you added to it all helps this photo along heaps, too.
And I think I like it as it is, with the texture of the stones showing so clearly (and that one face, which actually to me looks like a whole head - like a caveman's head, that is, with ears and all ... if that is the face you saw?)

Well, to say the truth, I see a face on almost every one of the stones..:) Especially on the one in the bottom left and the top right... I like the picture, it has a sort of calming effect when I look at it.

Thanks again!

And you're both right: the longer I look at the picture, the more faces and heads I see. Yesterday, while I was still editing, I zoomed into a part of the image (between the two stones in the upper left corner) and I suddenly saw this haunting face, like one of those ghosts from horror movies. Scared the living hell out of me... :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back