Stop! 1 in 500

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
North Atlantic Right Whales were feeding at the entrance to the Cape Cod Canal yesterday causing a tanker to stop and circle around before entering. North Atlantic Right Whales are federal protected and one of the most endangered whales in the world numbering around 500. I shot these from the breakwater at the Canal.

untitled-216-XL.jpg

untitled-33-XL.jpg

untitled-78-XL.jpg

untitled-81-XL.jpg

untitled-228-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, interesting. What are the chances? Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Wow, interesting. What are the chances? Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Thanks. Once I heard the whales were in the area I headed out hoping to catch some interaction. It only took 2 hours standing on the breakwater in 20mph winds and pouring rain. The breakwater goes a hundred or so yards out into the bay so I'm sure once the tanker passed me the captain said who is that nut standing out there in these conditions.

Thanks. Once I heard the whales were in the area I headed out hoping to catch some interaction. It only took 2 hours standing on the breakwater in 20mph winds and pouring rain. The breakwater goes a hundred or so yards out into the bay so I'm sure once the tanker passed me the captain said who is that nut standing out there in these conditions.
Nice. Thanks for doing that. Very cool

Nice set i am guessing this was your first time photographing them

Thanks Jr. This was the 3rd time in the last 5years. I lived by the ocean for 57 years and had never seen a whale from shore. Only in the past 5 years people have been seeing them this close to shore.

Cool photos. I do not know if those whales are in ouir Pacific ocean...I have little whale knowledge.

Thanks. I believe you have the Northern Pacific Right Whale out by you

Nice! Thanks for braving the weather and sharing these.

Good stuff! The first is exceptional, print it very very large (but I suspect I'm preaching to the choir). Our Gray Whales were hunted nearly to extinction, but because of protection laws they have bounced back from a few hundred to their historic population of approximately 20,000.

Dude, I would have loved to shared that boat with you for a glimpse and a photo of that whale. (If you wouldn't mind me chumming away the moment we left the breakwater.)

Good stuff! The first is exceptional, print it very very large (but I suspect I'm preaching to the choir). Our Gray Whales were hunted nearly to extinction, but because of protection laws they have bounced back from a few hundred to their historic population of approximately 20,000.

Dude, I would have loved to shared that boat with you for a glimpse and a photo of that whale. (If you wouldn't mind me chumming away the moment we left the breakwater.)

Thanks. Oh I didn't leave land I would have lost my lunch in a minute in those little waves

Lovely set, so luck to have witnessed this, thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back