badger-9.jpg

Title: On the Hunt

Location & Date: Slough Creek, Yellowstone National Park | June, 2014

Camera Set-Up: Nikon D800 w/ Nikon 200-400mm at 400mm and 1.4 teleconverter

Shutter Speed: 1/1250

Aperture: 6.3

ISO: 800

Note:

This badger’s den was only a few feet off of a secondary road in Yellowstone National Park, allowing a small group of photographers an extraordinary opportunity to document this family’s habits. There were many wonderful observations, but the best had to be her hunting ability. Over the span of 15 hours, this female (sow) badger caught at least 14 ground squirrels for her two cubs, who didn’t look like they were going hungry in the first place.

Very nice! I'm heading to Yellowstone for the first time this June. Any advice or tips on photographing wildlife?

I'm heading to Yellowstone for the first time this June. Any advice or tips on photographing wildlife?

You will love it there! And perhaps we will see you there. I have a few areas that I tend to have the most luck in. Check out these links for some ideas on where we have the most luck with bears, otters, badgers and wolves, as well as a few great spots for landscape shots:

Sedge Bay, Yellowstone
Yellowstone and Grand Teton wildlife hotspots

Good luck!

I'm heading to Yellowstone for the first time this June. Any advice or tips on photographing wildlife?

You will love it there! And perhaps we will see you there. I have a few areas that I tend to have the most luck in. Check out these links for some ideas on where we have the most luck with bears, otters, badgers and wolves, as well as a few great spots for landscape shots:

Sedge Bay, Yellowstone
Yellowstone and Grand Teton wildlife hotspots

Good luck!

Thanks. I've done a lot of research and haven't come across this website. Thanks again,

Most reactions

Back