Stop Smoking?

stectiseclopy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi guys! how can i stop smoking? i tried to quit many times now but somehow i start it again and again.. who knows some tricks? someone tried hypnosis or s.o. like that? i don't believe in a 'magic pill' but there must be a way. thx stectiseclopy

My ex boyfriend tired EVERYTHING to quit smoking, and hypnosis was the only thing that worked. Kinda creepy to me... but I guess you have to try everything

That's the difficulty with addiction. My dad used to be a chain smoker as in: He woke up, and lit up any thing possible that was smokable before he even got out of bed. He always used the bud of the cigarette to light up a new one, would smoking while eating, and finished when he'd go to sleep. Eventually he got serious long problems (luckily no cancer) and was advised to stop. He stopped immediately and did not take any smokes ever again.
The problem is that once you have the serious withdrawal symptoms you need to be strong for a few weeks. Once you pass these few weeks of being moody and such, you have passed the hurdle. In addition, it's good to find something that keeps your hands occupied at all times.

Good luck!!!!!

I found that if I stopped putting them in my mouth and lighting them the rest took care of itself.
And I was on 120 a day.

^^^ ARE YOU SERIOUS?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that, like, 6 packs a day??
smoking-smiley-5411.gif

How on earth have you escaped emphysema? Or miner's lung? Or whatever. Sheesh.

my dad used to smoke a lot for decades. but then he decided to not touch cigarettes anymore, and he stopped never to start agiain.

My mum needed to be thrown off a horse to achieve the same though ;)

I think the fact my dad smoked cigarettes in a closed car when I was a kid turned me off of smoking forever. He wised up years ago, stopped cold turkey, and is healthier (and richer) for the effort.

I think the fact my dad smoked cigarettes in a closed car when I was a kid turned me off of smoking forever.

This is really funny since this is exactly the same in my case!!

hi guys! how can i stop smoking? i tried to quit many times now but somehow i start it again and again.. who knows some tricks? someone tried hypnosis or s.o. like that? i don't believe in a 'magic pill' but there must be a way. thx stectiseclopy

A very strange first post for someone who just registered on a photography forum! ;)

I suppose we are all just mice in an experiment here ...

This is really funny since this is exactly the same in my case!!

3rd for the same. I still get headaches from 2nd hand smoking.

A very strange first post for someone who just registered on a photography forum! ;)

I suppose we are all just mice in an experiment here ...

Aren't we all the time?

I'd expect andother 1st post giving us an answer in a few hours... but I may be wrong.

squeak squeak

i don't believe in a 'magic pill' but there must be a way. thx stectiseclopy

Dont be so quick to write off a magic pill. Nothing is full proof for everybody, but a girl I work with took (i think with an RX) a pill that was extremely effective for quitting. She hasnt smoked in over a year now. I think it works by blocking receptors in the brain which make the nicotine effective. Unlike nicotine replacement which you use to step down off the drug, the pill just makes it useless. I wont take you long to stop smoking (and paying for) cigarettes if they do absolutely nothing for you. All you get is a nasty taste in your mouth without the benefits. She smoked for ever and she said the taste of the smokes was horrific after taking the pill.

Anyways, I'm not completely sure how they work, but I would recommend talking to your doctor about them ;)

(no I'm not a spam bot) :lol:

you could drink so much that you cannot hold the ***s anymore ...
then you keep that state for some weeks, and I guess you really did quit the ***s then ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back