Stop Smoking?

I meant F A G s = cigarettes

Dont be so quick to write off a magic pill. Nothing is full proof for everybody, but a girl I work with took (i think with an RX) a pill that was extremely effective for quitting. She hasnt smoked in over a year now. I think it works by blocking receptors in the brain which make the nicotine effective. Unlike nicotine replacement which you use to step down off the drug, the pill just makes it useless. I wont take you long to stop smoking (and paying for) cigarettes if they do absolutely nothing for you. All you get is a nasty taste in your mouth without the benefits. She smoked for ever and she said the taste of the smokes was horrific after taking the pill.

Anyways, I'm not completely sure how they work, but I would recommend talking to your doctor about them ;)

(no I'm not a spam bot) :lol:

You were correct hawkeye. The RX I was using was Chantix. It is a receptor blocker. I also chewed the gum. The combination worked like a charm.......for a while. Emotional triggers can overide any early progress. I see it as that I did not succeed this time, not that I failed. An eternal optomist.

I don't do ***s, I roll mine. Of the over 600 chemicals in a cigarette, the filter is the delivery system.

hertz has the right idea. you just have to stop. I went from 20 a day to zero.

If you want to spend money to find that out then i recommend buying a book called Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. After reading it you will realise how easy it is and wonder why you never quit years earlier. I know loads of people who have read that book and they have never touched a cigarette since, including myself. Just read the reviews on Amazon

I quit for 3 years, but started again. This year I AM going to quit for good. The first time I went cold turkey, only cheating twice. I will do the same this time again.

It's not just your hands you have to occupy you have to get your mind consumed with something simple. I can sit and color a picture for houres on end with out a cigerett but if I try somthing more complex like playing a game I find my self lighting up every five minuets.

My suggestion, draw and/or color, even if one is not artisticly inclined it can keep attention rather well for both the hand and your head.

my bfs dad got cancer. that made him stop smoking.

Go to a hospital cardiac unit and visit with people who have just undergone bypass surgery.

It's such a cunning drug, tobacco. I just quit about 1.5 months ago.

good for you!

good for you!

Ah thanks. But it's not the first time I've quit. Sort of ashamed of that. I've never been a heavy smoker..but I do understand how it hooks people. My Mom had a triple bypass and watching her go through that was sheer and utter hell. That should've been enough to stop me but it didn't. Now to figure out how to get my boyfriend to stop. :er:

The latest is that some companies are starting to discriminate by not hiring smokers at all, whether it is done on their own time or not. Their rational is that the effect on health is negative for the company.

skieur

I quit last Jan 9th. !! I feel alot better and I dont have that pasty green glow anymore. :)

If I drink which is rare I smoke maybe 1. Thats why I had to quit drinking as much. Cant smoke without a drink thats like having to pee and poop. It just goes together and has to happen. This probably doesnt help any..

What I did to quit was Wellbutrin for 1-2 months. AND smoking on Wellbutrin was NASTY. The craving was gone and so was the habbit. When I felt like smoking I drank water. I was a nasty biznitch for 2 weeks. After that.. good as gold !

Most reactions

Back