stop the fire!

16ale16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot taken by D700 and 35/2, with a crop.
4022546932_8ab4beb4e6_o.jpg

I really like the left hand of the frame a lot everything looks lined up great with the gun However, I feel that the bottom right is too distracting and reduces the organization of the left side.

So do you suggest a cut even on the right?
Maybe it was better to stay only on the gun? Am I undesrstanding?
Yes, it could be... why not?!?!?!? The problem is that I won't be very soon once again in the Big Apple :(

Hi Allesandro,

Since the gun is the main subject in your photograph, I would have crouched down and taken the pic from a lower level. That would have had the gun silhouetted against the empty sky and made it stand out more. As it is, the body of the gun is lost a little against the busy background.

The D700 and 35 f2 is a great combination. That's what I use as well. If you haven't got an 85mm f1.8, I can recommend that lens as well!

Cheers,
Bruce
http://photography-matters.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
love it. really nice shot man

So do you suggest a cut even on the right?
Maybe it was better to stay only on the gun? Am I undesrstanding?
Yes, it could be... why not?!?!?!? The problem is that I won't be very soon once again in the Big Apple :(

Yes, since the gun is obviously the focal point you want to compliment it as much as possible with the rest of the frame (cropping or reshooting), which the lower right side of it does not achieve IMO.
(Sorry If you did not want a critique of the photograph, I just assume if you post it here you want one. I probably should ask before I give one)

Thank you very much for your preciuos comments!
I got your point, it was better to give much more emphasis to the gun. So I have a right to came back :D

Most reactions

Back