Stop!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Nitro Boy, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Nitro Boy

Nitro Boy TPF Noob!

Heres a new one from me. I know it probably isnt the most original, but I really love the way it turned out in the end, and thought I would share it. Besides that, it has a catchy title, and I didnt want to pass that chance up. What do you all think?

[​IMG]
    Btw- If you've seen a few of my other shots, I like the wide format, alot. I'll try to break away from my habit, but in the meantime, dont be afraid to give me tips on techniques, you know how much I need it!

2. Matty-Bass

Matty-Bass TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well Well Ben, I didn't think you would submit a picture before my approval! ;)

From a point of view if I didn't know you, I would say this:

Good composure, even though the top black part is completely unnessicary (sp). I really like the top of the sign, interesting glow. The wideformat really doesn't work here. I taught you to crop, but now you're sort of going overboard :lmao:

3. Alexandra

Alexandra TPF Noob!

you guys know each other??? Damn, I wish I had some artsy friends :(
    That's a great shot, ben, though if the sign was stretched all over its lenght it would be better, and the format would work.

4. Matty-Bass

Matty-Bass TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    hehe, Ben and me go WAAAAAAY back. We cyber knew each other for the past 6 years. Way back to some other forum. :lmao: We're computer junkies. :p

Good point Alexandra, that's what made it feel weird, too much expanse in the left. You can fix that with a zoom and crop Ben...

5. Alexandra

Alexandra TPF Noob!

I don't think a zoom will help a lot here, except if you still have the full-res pic. Here's a very low-quality example of what i had in mind:
    [​IMG]

what i did was to simply stretch the perspective, which is fairly aesy to do with Gimp, and crop off some stuff around... at a certain poin i just lost control of my mouse, so it's a little inclined... If you still have the full-res pic, you can do the same thing to it and it's gona look way better than what i did here...

6. Nitro Boy

Nitro Boy TPF Noob!

I could always just as easily walk to the corner and take the shot again. My thoughts on the original werent very impressive, so i cropped it, and extended the sky.
    I like the way the lack of pixels in your perspective thing added kindof a panicked (sp?) effect. I'll have to mess around in photoshop some more.

Btw- If you want, i'll email/upload an original if anyone wants a crack of their own at it.

And yes- Matty and I go way back almost six (6) years, all the way back to the days of gearheadgarage.com (if this is considered a 'plug' then i'll remove the url, but the forum is dead now, i believe.)

7. Matty-Bass

Matty-Bass TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    unless you count all the forum "graffiti" you and me caused. :lmao: Remember the tricycle insurance thing?