Storm and Sunset over midland

Wyjid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soultreephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
crazy weather we've had over the last couple weeks. these were taken just about 3 hours apart in the same area.

MWYJ6023sm.jpg

MWYJ6051sm.jpg

Wow! Those are some crazy clouds in the first shot! And the colours/reflections in the second shot are stunning. [I really like how you can see the sky through the trees on the left of that second shot.]

ok, I was a severe storm spotter for the civil service in Tornado Alley (oklahoma) yet I have never seen the odd concatenation of clouds in #1. They are weirding me out man! And how the heck did you achieve the even exposure?

make sure you take down time and date of those because the NWS will be pleased to see those to make sure there seeing the samething on there radar. They like it when photographers send pictures in like that.

They are weirding me out man! And how the heck did you achieve the even exposure?

the exposure was a combo of stuff. First off the K20 has a imitation IR filter in it. it tends to give really high contrast with light and shadow. curves punched it up a bit more (my curves end up looking a bit like a country road) , and then 20 mins of dodge and burn, mostly boosting highlights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back