Storm clouds over water. C&C needed and wanted!

darkpbstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok so I was out of the area where there were storms, I did get to see some clouds, unfortunetly I couldn't get any that were close, or really dominant, but I was just trying to get some different shots than I have before. There have been big storms here yesterday and today, with tornadoes, and I've wanted to try at some clouds. again these aren't huge storm clouds like we've all seen, but this is what was left by the time they reached my location. (don't miss the waxing crescent moon!)
DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0001-3.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

The use of Grad ND filters would have really made these skies pop, but as-is, you've done a pretty good job with a difficult exposure situation.

you could try playing with the contrast to maybe bring out more texture in the clouds if you want, but it might throw off what light the ground has on it.

Only big thing I see is straighten #2 out on the horizon. Maybe find some type of lines to lead into the picture, I know this can be hard when it's just water. Maybe pillars, a pier, etc.

You did however expose the sky nicely and I like your use of the rule of thirds for your placement of the horizon. And nice touch by adding the moon in #3 (which is my favorite out of the bunch). You might try a crop with the moon and some clouds in it. Just an afterthought.

thanks for comments and tips for improving. Yea I would have never known about the rule of thirds unless I came on here! I used to make the mistake of centering everything, and I got the criticism here, and fixed it. Thanks again

Most reactions

Back