Storm rolling in 6/16/2010

Jeeeeeze, do you get that kind of weather often?? Find some nice potential foreground / middleground spots around your area and make some nice nasty weather landscapes. :mrgreen:

Yeah, we get severe weather thru spring and summer, but I've never seen clouds that looked that bizarre. I understand what you are saying about landscapes, but I wouldn't want to be outside in that. I took those pictures from inside, with the sliding glass door open, looking out over my back deck...I felt safe :mrgreen:

why doesnt connecticut get any bada$$ supercells! DAMN!

nice impressive clouds! We had a storm here in florida that had the same wave look to it. love it!

I shot that same string of cells coming in, but I got nothing like that. AWESOME shots:) AWESOME weather! By the way, I want to live in Bloomington. You have the luxury of beautiful scenery and beautiful people ( GO HOOSIERS!)

Jeeeeeze, do you get that kind of weather often?? Find some nice potential foreground / middleground spots around your area and make some nice nasty weather landscapes. :mrgreen:

Yeah, we get severe weather thru spring and summer, but I've never seen clouds that looked that bizarre. I understand what you are saying about landscapes, but I wouldn't want to be outside in that. I took those pictures from inside, with the sliding glass door open, looking out over my back deck...I felt safe :mrgreen:

Assuming you have the Corvette in your avatar you could always shoot and quickly outrun the storm ;) but yeah.... I could see why you want to avoid being anywhere but home during that thing...... that sucker looks apocalyptic.

Thanks everyone. And j-digg, that is my Vette, but it stays in the garage when storms roll in, I think I've driven it in the rain twice.

My wife is petrified of storms and the noise of thunder. She sees the weather report and it is like the world is coming to the end for her.

If she saw what we can see in these photos, she would run and hide in the closet, probably for at least an hour or more. Really!!!:mrgreen:

My wife is petrified of storms and the noise of thunder. She sees the weather report and it is like the world is coming to the end for her.

If she saw what we can see in these photos, she would run and hide in the closet, probably for at least an hour or more. Really!!!:mrgreen:

My wife used to have panic attacks when it stormed, but since we had our new home built, she does ok.

You own a Corvette in Bloomington? heh kinda ironic. I hope there are no storms like that for the show next week.

You own a Corvette in Bloomington? heh kinda ironic. I hope there are no storms like that for the show next week.

You must be talking about Bloomington Gold, that's in Illinois, I'm in Indiana.

Im just tired of storms, dumping 2 inches every other day. Add 90 degree days and our heat index is in the hundreds. What you are seeing is the leading edge pulling moisture up from the ground. Im assuming you guys are waterlogged in Indiana also since you get the lines of storms after us. Those would be serious looking if along back side of storm and more cohesive with the main cloud. Awesome shots, real keepers.
Another round today.:er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back