Storm rolling through.

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I managed to get these before the rain started. C&C welcome! :)

IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

I do like a good storm pic and this is a complete set of them.

I would not be able to resist doing an HDR subtle effect on these to really bring out the clouds.

I do like a good storm pic and this is a complete set of them.

I would not be able to resist doing an HDR subtle effect on these to really bring out the clouds.

I thought of doing some stacking, but I knew the rain was getting close, and my camera isn't weather sealed so I didn't chance it.
The lightening was really bad, and I really wanted a lightning shot but wasn't able to catch one. Maybe next time! ;)

Very nice set. I really like the detail in the clouds in the first one. Would it not be possible to lighten up the clouds in the second and third to bring out a bit more of the detail - just a bit more?

WesternGuy

Very nice set. I really like the detail in the clouds in the first one. Would it not be possible to lighten up the clouds in the second and third to bring out a bit more of the detail - just a bit more?

WesternGuy

The first one was taken while the sun was reflecting around that side of the sky. The light on the left side in the second and third photos is actually from all the lightening over there.
I think I can lighten up the clouds a little in the last two, I will give it a shot.
Thanks for the feedback! :)

WesternGuy

How are these? I brightened them up.

IMG_6785-2.jpg

IMG_6793-2.jpg

Like the "second" versions much better. It is always nice to get as much detail in the clouds as you can without, of course, mucking up the rest of the image. I would want to be as far away from that second one as possible. - I think tornado when I see clouds like that and, of course, you are in Kansas :biggrin-93: .

WesternGuy

Like the "second" versions much better. It is always nice to get as much detail in the clouds as you can without, of course, mucking up the rest of the image. I would want to be as far away from that second one as possible. - I think tornado when I see clouds like that and, of course, you are in Kansas :biggrin-93: .

WesternGuy
There wasn't any cloud rotation in this storm. Now that is easy to see a cloud slowly rotate in a circle! LOL

WesternGuy
There wasn't any cloud rotation in this storm. Now that is easy to see a cloud slowly rotate in a circle! LOL

Nice to know - still wouldn't want to be to close to that one, that rain curtain looks pretty scary. :biggrin-93: I've been told that tornadoes can hide behind rain curtains.

WesternGuy

Great shots!

Nice to know - still wouldn't want to be to close to that one, that rain curtain looks pretty scary. :biggrin-93: I've been told that tornadoes can hide behind rain curtains.

WesternGuy

They called them "Rain Wrapped" and if a tornado is rain wrapped you will never see it coming! But you will most likely be killed by flying debris than the tornado itself. ;)

WesternGuy

They called them "Rain Wrapped" and if a tornado is rain wrapped you will never see it coming! But you will most likely be killed by flying debris than the tornado itself. ;)
"Rain Wrapped" - learn something new everyday - thanks for that. Not too nice a thought about the outcome though. As I said, I wouldn't want to be close to that one. :eek-73:

Looking forward to more of your summer thunder storm pics - love the cloud images.

WesternGuy

Looking forward to more of your summer thunder storm pics - love the cloud images.

I am thinking, the next storm that comes through I am going to get in the car and go after it. As long as it is just a thunderstorm, I'm not that stupid!!! LOL I would t least like to shoot from a different location. :)

Most reactions

Back