Photos NOT OK to edit
800-c7197.jpg

notes:

creating drama working with

-weather
-light
-insanely odd junk

Good one.

That is very cool! I like the whole look of it.

Thank you.

This is one of those pay-off shots. When you go to a place a couple zillion times- You know it's there and may never have quite figured out what to do with it. One day, the weather is all dramatic, you feel a little moody, you go for a walk with every piece of equipment you own and all of a sudden- there it is!

I've gotten a few pretty good shots of a other slightly bizarre and off-kilter type things in the immediate area before, but that was the day the bench got its turn.

wow that's great!! I actually really like it alot.

where ever w00t! is... it's got some crazy stuff going on!! hehe

wow that's great!! I actually really like it alot.

where ever w00t! is... it's got some crazy stuff going on!! hehe

Thanks. :)

I think w00t! is a state of mind- I like the way it sounds. I live on the edge of the California Mojave Desert, the urbanage between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Really diggin the apocalyptic feel to this one. Everything works well together here :D

Kent Brockman! I always wanted to see your photo's..

Anyhoo, I like the shot. It has a dark desolate feel. Makes me wonder what was here and what destroyed it.

I like the setting of the "insanely odd junk" as you put it. Really cool, unique, original, and with the background...just amazing. I need to find a barren place like this to take some shots.

Great pic :) Weird place with all that there - especially the seat on that stone. Very nice effect cause of the weather also - Sorta dark and ominous.

Thanks- I go to this place quite a bit for how far it is from my house. I got very lucky.

Really diggin the apocalyptic feel to this one. Everything works well together here :D

Thank you. I was jazzed the the weather was so dramatic.

really cool shot

Thanks!

I like the mood set by the clouds in the background!

It's great when this stuff happens.

Kent Brockman! I always wanted to see your photo's..

Anyhoo, I like the shot. It has a dark desolate feel. Makes me wonder what was here and what destroyed it.

My friend Kent is very dark despite his uplifting, almost cheery news casts!

and he says thank you. :)

There was a salt evaporation plant here at one time with a railroad spur. I think this may have been part of the setup for loading the salt into rail cars.

LOVE IT! This totally works for me! Well done!

Thanks Renair.

nice work, it has a very 'post nuke' look and feel.

Thank you Roger. Looks like a testing ground in person there too.

I like the setting of the "insanely odd junk" as you put it. Really cool, unique, original, and with the background...just amazing. I need to find a barren place like this to take some shots.

Thank you. Glad you like it.

BTW- I'm looking into setting up a photo- workshop/meetup at this location next fall/winter. It is very, very scenic with tons of photo ops. I'm setting it up with Cal State University so food and lodging will be included with costs for the weekend. If anyone is interested in a weekend like this, PM me.

Most reactions

Back