Storms

Coast_1_web.jpg

WOW! These are some incredible shots! Mine are mediocre compared to ya'll's but I'll post them anyway....it was about 4pm...it's usually sunshining during this time, but a storm rolled through...taken while standing in my front yard.
storm33.jpg

storm66.jpg

storm44.jpg

How are you able to get the lightning shots. What shutter speed min is needed. I know you need to be patient.

I tried to get one at the Grand Canyon but was unable to - partly because I only have my Nikon Coolpix L4

~Michael~

wxnut... I love your photos! I have one of your pictures (#2) on my hard drive (I just look at it nothing more(and pretty much cry it's so beautiful)). Your pictures have in part inspired me to pick up storm chasing... at least research into it that is. That's actually why I got into photography (about three months ago) so that I can take pictures of storms. I thought about inscribing on my camera "if you find this camera, please develope the film because the last picture is probably an amazing picture"... This will be by far my favorite thread to look at... Is there a way to purchase some of your work like say a poster or something, wxnut?

WOW! Chris! Holy cow, that third photo is KILLER!

Here's a couple - first up in the mountains north of Madrid

navacerrada4.jpg

Second from Lyme Regis

DSC_0108.jpg

Thanks Lafoto, but if you really want to see some awsome pictures goto
http://extremeinstability.com/...

That's the type of photography that I'm striving for...

wow! Those are amazing! I live in Oklahoma and we see a lot of that weather, too. What kind of lens do you use? I would love to be able to capture some of those storm fronts when they come in here! Your pictures are beautiful!

Wow! Some really awesome photos here!

Vacation076-1.jpg

Vacation020.jpg

awesome shots! some of them really reminds me of the movie "The day after tomorrow" :D

Some nice pics in here... here are some of mine:

IMG_4806.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4776c.jpg

I plan to get some better ones this year, these were from my old tiny camera.

Most reactions

Back