Storms

wow some of them are amazing! Especially those by mr BoblyBill. Well here are mine:

HPdigitalcamera239.jpg

HPDigital6006.jpg

HPdigitalcamera623.jpg

HPdigitalcamera610.jpg

HPdigitalcamera325.jpg

HPdigitalcamera248.jpg

HPdigitalcamera219.jpg

boblybill, what body and lens did you use to capture those images?

did you do any editing? those images are fantastic!

boblybill, what body and lens did you use to capture those images?

did you do any editing? those images are fantastic!

I used my Canon D30 (not 30D) and tamron 28-300mm shot at 28mm for almost all of these. Yes because most if not all my storm pictures are panos there is quite a bit of editing that goes into these shots. also because I don't have ND filters there is about a 3 stop difference in the light intensity in the clouds and the ground. I shoot for the clouds and have up the levels in the ground.

1516075662_39ca9fa125.jpg

Not the best quality... I scanned this from a print I had. Taken using a Canon AE-1

thats a beautful photo. really love the skies colours. from the orange to the blue. and the contrasting darkness of the forest. great shot.

Hi all, new to the forums, but hope to be around for awhile :)

I took these pictures last week during a couple of days worth of evening thunderstorms:

AmarilloSilouette.jpg

lightning.jpg

This picture I took last summer as some storms were approaching from the south during the evening hours:

approaching.jpg

Bill shots 3 and 5 are beautiful pictures.. hands down haha Congrats.. It never storms like that in North Carolina.

This last one could be a background from an old master's oil painting. I expect to see Michelangelo's Adam and God somewhere in there.

I've had that same feeling after taking the picture. It just happened to be at the right time of day with the sun starting to make it's way over the horizon combined with a beautiful storm front pushing it's way into town. :D

Last evening we had thunder boomers roll through. By the time I got set up, they'd rolled a bit too north and had dissipated. I got one shot. This was about 11pm U.S. mountain daylight time.

Canon 40D, EF-S 17-85 lens at 20mm. Manual focus, just short of infinity, manual exposure, shutter 0.3s, f/4, ISO 200. No post processing other than crop and straighten, and added border. I think next time I'll try same parameters but ISO 100. My first try at lightning with digital. Can't remember what exposure parameters I'd used 30 years ago with slides.

2664664954_0299025cc3_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back